Part number help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I am looking for a part number for my lc100. The transfer case is leaking from the drain bolt and I am going to replace the washer but also want to replace the bolt itself. Does anyone know the part number for the fill and drain bolt(with magnet)? Thanks in advance!

Please note the flat aluminum washer supplied with the kit above. It is correct for the transfer case. Differentials use a different washer *for steel* but use the same plug.

drain fill Plugs1.jpg

OUCH. Was the washer seized to the casting? My condolences.

Yes it was seized. I’m looking into options now. I may end up wending an o2 sensor spacer. A used transfer case is even pretty expensive:(.

View attachment 2745135
Be careful welding to the transfer case, I'm not sure if they're cast steel or cast iron. If its cast iron you'd have to braze weld. If you have the chunk that broke off and its still in one piece, I'd even consider just brazing that back on. These aren't pressurized systems and you'd be surprised how strong a braze is.

EDIT - T-Case is aluminum, disregard!

Last edited:
Be careful welding to the transfer case, I'm not sure if they're cast steel or cast iron. If its cast iron you'd have to braze weld. If you have the chunk that broke off and its still in one piece, I'd even consider just brazing that back on. These aren't pressurized systems and you'd be surprised how strong a braze is.
Ok thanks for the advice

I’m pretty sure it’s cast or at least it looks like there is a cast line on both sides of the hole in the photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom