part number help - A/C condenser lines - 1996 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed my condenser, and got myself into a pickle. I broke 2 bolts and I'm having a hard time finding the replacements. I've searched long and hard, but still no luck. To make matters worse, I've now lost the broken ones so I don't have them on hand for reference.

Here's the one on the driver's side:

driv_before_removal.png

Here's the one on the passenger side:

pass_side.png

I ordered a Nissens replacement condenser, and it came with these two studs.

studs.png

I don't recall the original bolts being headless studs. Maybe Nissens includes these so that they can fit multiple models? If so, I guess I just just need to find some nuts to tighten those studs.

With that said, I'd really like to find the OEM bolts. I ordered Part # 91651-G0845 but that's not the right one -- diameter is too big. Anyone have any experience with this? I promise next time I'll keep track of these bolts :)

Last edited:
Well...that's the new part number. Unless you can find a salvage truck, you're in the cold. Figuratively speaking, of course. Toyota doesn't list the old part number as available. How close is the new bolt to fitting? Do the studs fit and is the new bolt the same size, or is it obviously a larger size? These bolts are a pretty close fit in the housings and if there's any crap in there, you might not be able to get them in.

Just a thought.

I typed before I looked...

I think you want 91632-G0645 (that should be a 6mm bolt); I think 90119-08572, and its replacement (91651-G0845), is an 8mm bolt, both 45mm long. There is only one listed on this diagram:
1654950280453.png

but there are two options listed on this diagram, one for pre 93-05 and one for post 93-05. The earlier models apparently got a larger bolt.
1654950252789.png

HTH

Last edited:
@Malleus you were correct! You helped me even when the dealership couldn't. For future reference: 91632-G0645 was the correct bolt for the AC lines that connect to the condenser (at least for my 1996 FZJ80). If your condenser was a rusted mess like mine was, it's likely that you might break one when removing the condenser. The Nissen condenser ships with studs (and no nuts), so you'll either need A. re-use the original bolts, B. purchase the replacements (91632-G0645) or C. buy nuts to go with the Nissens bolts.

Also, 91632-G0645 was backordered from Toyota, and the dealership didn't know when they'd have it in. Ended up having to order from toyotapartsdeal.com. Had to pay $12 including shipping, but at least I can move forward.

Thanks again @Malleus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom