Part number for oem tool kit - specifically tools to remove spare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX didnt come with any tools. I got a lug nut key from the dealer, and simply assumed my Tacoma tools kit would be enough to drop the spare on the LX. As I found out today, I was wrong and need specialty 200 series tools. Right now I have no way to lower my spare :(

Can anyone share the part numbers? And better yet, a specific place to grab them?

My LX didnt come with any tools. I got a lug nut key from the dealer, and simply assumed my Tacoma tools kit would be enough to drop the spare on the LX. As I found out today, I was wrong and need specialty 200 series tools. Right now I have no way to lower my spare :(

Can anyone share the part numbers? And better yet, a specific place to grab them?

If you got it from a dealer contact them and mention being disappointed this wasn’t caught on the safety inspection. “What if I got a flat on my way home?!”

Granted, I caught it before I left the dealer, but they didn’t even blink when I said it needed a jack and tool kit. Grabbed it off a new cruiser in the showroom and I was on my way.

You could buy the whole tool kit, box and jack for less than $100 on ebay (no affiliation): Land Cruiser Tool Kit and Jack

HTH

If you got it from a dealer contact them and mention being disappointed this wasn’t caught on the safety inspection. “What if I got a flat on my way home?!”

Granted, I caught it before I left the dealer, but they didn’t even blink when I said it needed a jack and tool kit. Grabbed it off a new cruiser in the showroom and I was on my way.

I did catch it at the dealer, but they weren't overly interested in getting me a replacement. And didn't have any other LXs. Was also missing the two pairs of headphones and rear entertainment remote, but I'm less concerned about those.

Either the previous owner held onto them when he traded it in or someone at the auction or dealership snagged them to sell on the side.

If the auction folks got them, you'll have to buy new.

If it was traded in to the dealer you bought it from, you could track down the previous owner and offer them a few bucks for the whole kit and caboodle. Maybe talk to the service writer at your dealership to get the history and PO I.D. and spread the word amongst the hourly folks...

There is a thread here about a cheaper remote that works.

You could buy the whole tool kit, box and jack for less than $100 on ebay (no affiliation): Land Cruiser Tool Kit and Jack

HTH

Great find, thank you. Just bought it.

Ended up being a hair under $200 CAD after shipping + duties, but worth it to have the complete tool kit.

Either the previous owner held onto them when he traded it in or someone at the auction or dealership snagged them to sell on the side.

If the auction folks got them, you'll have to buy new.

If it was traded in to the dealer you bought it from, you could track down the previous owner and offer them a few bucks for the whole kit and caboodle. Maybe talk to the service writer at your dealership to get the history and PO I.D. and spread the word amongst the hourly folks...

There is a thread here about a cheaper remote that works.

The LX was owned by non-enthusiasts; people that buy vehicles for status purposes and then replace them with another status symbol a few years down the line. Very, very common around the Vancouver area for a certain demographic. I am 99% sure the owners simply removed (and likely threw away) the tools because they wanted to store something else there, and never gave it a second thought.

It has been about 9-10 months since I got the LX, and at this point trying to track down the original set is probably a lost cause.

I'm just lucky I realized I can't drop the spare before actually getting a flat on the side of the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom