Part Number for Exhaust Heat Shield from 93-94 Up&Over Frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to determine the Toyota Part# for the Exhaust Heat Shield that was used on the 93-94 models where the exhaust pipe went up & over the frame. I understand the mounts are still there on the later 95-97 vehicles. I just want to source the correct part for a future project. A quick check on Toyodiy has me confused which is the correct part. Anybody have this info handy?

I have been told it is no longer available. Buy them used from the classifieds. I need one too. John

Is this in addition to the heat shields that are already installed in 96-97 FZJ-80 models, and will it fit with a stock set up?

I'm planning an exaust and I just bought one. I also had it ceramic coated when I had my manifolds and shields done. I figured it can only help keep floor temperatures down. I tried to buy one off a part out a few times but people either didn't want to bother or couldn't figure out what I was talking about. I also had a difficult time figuring out the part number, but I eventually did find it (58153-60030). This was just a few months ago, so I'd guess it's still available.

Shield 2.JPG
Shield 3.JPG

Here's a picture of how it looks installed from Phil's thread. The arrow points forward. It actually overlaps with an existing heat shield where the notch on the edge is.
Shield Installed.jpg

My 96 model FZJ-80 has two heat shields in the same location as in the photo above but are slightly different in shape. So are the new heat shields above considered an improvement over the stock 96-97 shields??

My 96 model FZJ-80 has two heat shields in the same location as in the photo above but are slightly different in shape. So are the new heat shields above considered an improvement over the stock 96-97 shields??
A stock 96 (same as in the picture) does not have the shield that extend over the frame. It hard to see how far is extends over the frame in the photo. No real reason for it on a 96 because the exhaust does not go over the frame like in the picture.

Darkness - Thanks for posting the part number and pics. The parts diagrams make it tough to determine if that's really the correct part or not. I have that same picture from Phil's thread saved to show my exhaust guy when I'm ready.

Just checked and verified the part is still available from Toyota.

I need this. I ran my exhaust straight back inline w cats and had to use a glass pack. It sounds like a loud 60s jaguar Etype... Barf!!!

The stock 96-97's have a heat shield in that spot, but it does not extend over the frame. To install this, you remove that shield and put the older one in its place. It uses the same mounting studs plus one additional stud which is present but unused on the 96-97 model. You'll need to get a nut for that stud since there isn't one to reuse. Like Phil said, it's not necessary to use the older version heat shield unless your exhaust goes over the frame.

Bumping this thread to show that this mod can be performed with a 3" exhaust as well with no body lift. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this thread to show that this mod can be performed with a 3" exhaust as well. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

are you running a body lift to get the 3" pipe over the frame? also what shop in Denver did this?

are you running a body lift to get the 3" pipe over the frame? also what shop in Denver did this?

No body lift. Bud's Muffler did the work, they have done other Rising Sun member 80s with 3" exhaust as well (supercharger applications). If you want $$, check out Hanksville Hot Rods. 304SS only, TIG welded. Now that would be a work of art to see.

Thanks for the replies. I'm mainly concerned with the floor under the passenger seat. I have a over the frame exhaust and my undercoating literally started melting. I've used header wrap, but the 02 sensor is now causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom