Part number for aux tank rivet nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are 4 nuts that hold the oem aux tank up. These nuts are some kind of rivet but that inserts and then anchors itself I think it is a oem item. Anyone know the part number for these?

There are 4 nuts that hold the oem aux tank up. These nuts are some kind of rivet but that inserts and then anchors itself I think it is a oem item. Anyone know the part number for these?

I just used bolts :meh: mo better

Dont know the PN but you could probably get some quality rivnuts from McMaster Carr that would be well suited for use there

US 80's don't come with the factory captured nuts. You need to install your own - and no, you can't buy them at the dealer...

The rear 2 ribs don't even have the holes for the nuts.

Read my subtank install and you can see what is involved in getting captured nuts (rivnuts) in there. You can find my install by going to my website, link in my sig below.

cheers,
george.

US 80's don't come with the factory captured nuts. You need to install your own - and no, you can't buy them at the dealer...

The rear 2 ribs don't even have the holes for the nuts.

Read my subtank install and you can see what is involved in getting captured nuts (rivnuts) in there. You can find my install by going to my website, link in my sig below.

cheers,
george.
Thanks. I have been skimming a bunch of threads on the small screen on my phone,landcruserphils and probably yours. I have the opportunity to buy the tank and fillerneck local without the transfer pump. I would need to get it bolted in asap because I am moving. Even if it is not operational. Any idea if I could put a length of fuel hose on the aux out put line and just plug the outer end until I get the system finished later?

^ sure, why not. It's not like your going to fill the tank - though consider that some fuel will likely work it's way into the sub even with the dual filler directed to the main tank.

cheers,
george.

I bought the rivnuts, drill bit, and tool from McMaster-Carr. Installed only for the rear mounts, and the front ones used through-bolts. The key was drilling access holes in the floor so that I could drop in the bolts, and get a socket on the top.

Details here. OEM Subtank Retrofit/Install Project With Pics

full

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom