Part No ? for hood bumper stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mechanic lost the hood bumper stop that's mounted on the top radiator support bar, in front of the air filter, left side.
It had rubber top cushion & spring underneath mounted on bolt w/lock nut.
I've searched Toy parts diagrams, but cannot find it, neither could dealer.

Are you sure there's a bumper there? All I know of is the bumper that screws into the hood. See this screenshot from a video. There's no bumper on the radiator support... I don't think.

1594222925580.png

My mechanic lost the hood bumper stop that's mounted on the top radiator support bar, in front of the air filter, left side.
It had rubber top cushion & spring underneath mounted on bolt w/lock nut.
I've searched Toy parts diagrams, but cannot find it, neither could dealer.
There is no hood bump stop fitted in the position you have described on a 100 series or a 470, perhaps you could post a picture of where you think the missing bump stop should be fitted, then more help could be given.

The only hood bump stops are fitted to the hood in the front left and front right corners, clearly visible when the hood is open and up.

Hope this helps

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 17.11.56.png

Are you sure there's a bumper there? All I know of is the bumper that screws into the hood. See this screenshot from a video. There's no bumper on the radiator support... I don't think.

View attachment 2365042
Hi Smiles, As requested, please see attached pics showing the empty hole. I'm the orig owner of my 2003 Landcruiser, bought in Oct '02. I believe the bumper w/spring helped the to pop-up the hood after the dash hood release was initiated. Without it, I have to lift the hood a little, to access the latch. It just bothers me to have something missing. Thanks for your reply.

IMG_20200708_135805716.jpg

IMG_20200708_135744603.jpg

Hi Smiles, As requested, please see attached pics showing the empty hole. I'm the orig owner of my 2003 Landcruiser, bought in Oct '02. I believe the bumper w/spring helped the to pop-up the hood after the dash hood release was initiated. Without it, I have to lift the hood a little, to access the latch. It just bothers me to have something missing. Thanks for your reply.

View attachment 2365198

View attachment 2365199
I can't find anything in the parts list that fits in that hole, perhaps if what ever was in there was after market, but then if you are the only owner from new you would have fitted it.

Why did you mech remove it?

The only item that I can find that fits in that hole is the battery hold down bar on the diesel 100 as they have two batteries one either side.

Battery hold down bracket for different market.

View attachment 2365198

View attachment 2365199
Interesting. I haven't noticed anything there on any 100 series I've seen.

Here's more shots of my 99 (06LX seems to be the same). The hood pops "up" when the latch is pulled in the cabin if the hood bumpers are properly adjusted. You can turn them in and out. If the hood mounted bumpers are in too far, the hood will rest down and you'll need to pry it up a bit.

1594233511661.png

1594233566949.png

1594233761799.png

Interesting. I haven't noticed anything there on any 100 series I've seen.

Here's more shots of my 99 (06LX seems to be the same). The hood pops "up" when the latch is pulled in the cabin if the hood bumpers are properly adjusted. You can turn them in and out. If the hood mounted bumpers are in too far, the hood will rest down and you'll need to pry it up a bit.

View attachment 2365231
View attachment 2365232
View attachment 2365242
Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say, well said.

And I don't think Toyota fitted anything in that hole for the petrol 100

I think its plain Toyota didn't put one there. But it's a damn fine place to put one. :)

Perhaps it was an early production '03 item - later to be discontinued, or installed by dealer. They made significant changes for '03, and I bought mine in Oct '02. Thanks for all the feedback ! Cheers!

View attachment 2365198

View attachment 2365199
That hole also has really rusted threads, and appears that nothing was ever screwed into it.

Perhaps it was an early production '03 item - later to be discontinued, or installed by dealer. They made significant changes for '03, and I bought mine in Oct '02. Thanks for all the feedback ! Cheers!
Why was it removed?

The threads got rusty after item was lost. As per pic by :
suprarx7nut
The YotaMD Guy, his has no rust - because nothing was ever screwed that removed the paint. It was a few years ago, the mechanic was over busy, rushed, and finished the job near closing time. Due to work load, car ran great, but noticed the missing piece a week or so later. Do not use car for work. Only 125K miles on odometer today. Thanks guys!

3 for 3, I've got nothing in that threaded hole:

1594414601803.png

1594414639073.png

1594414670761.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom