Part No. 43291-60010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.brian894x4.com
Hey Brian,

That part number doesn't exist in my copy of the EPC. I can check it at work tomorrow in the latest EPC if you want.

The boxy part of the breather that you were wondering about is called "Tank Sub Assembly, Front Axle Breather". The EPC shows two breather configurations for the 80 series front axle; the first one uses the same breather valve as the rear axle and runs from 90/01-95/01. From 95/01-98/01 it uses the tank. Weird. HTH!

Just tried my local dealer and the # didn't come up for them.
:cool:

That part number must be used by the supplier/manufacturer of the part and not by Toyota (If that makes any sense).

Could the highlighted part be the one that you're looking for?

If so, it's called "Front Axle Breather Tank" and the PN is 43208-60010.

But I'm not mechanically inclined, so I'm probably wrong!:doh:

Mot :)

diff breather tankb.jpg

If you mean the "box-thingy" highlighted by Mot, it's an expansion chamber for the breather hose. It collects any lubricant forced up through the hose and allows it to return to the axle when the pressure drops as opposed to having it spit out the end of the hose.

If you mean the "box-thingy" highlighted by Mot, it's an expansion chamber for the breather hose. It collects any lubricant forced up through the hose and allows it to return to the axle when the pressure drops as opposed to having it spit out the end of the hose.

I cut mine open today and the inside had a coating of moly/gear oil mix in it. It's just an empty tank inside. I have pics, but there's really nothing to it. No special baffles or hidden fortunes. Kinda disappointing :hillbilly:

Train of thought:
So if this box is designed to collect fluid expansion from the front diff, presumably it would be a bad idea to "T" it into the lines from the tranny/transfer, would it not? I can't see either one liking an addition of gear oil/moly grease. What says 'mud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom