Part# needed for coolant hose to oil filter housing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser is leaking coolant at the clamp on the oil filter housing side so I am trying to find the part# but none of the Toyota diagram shows this hose circle in red. Anyone know this part? Thx.
IMG_20200101_0001.jpeg

Thank you.

Draining coolant to replace this hose and seems like it could be leaking from elsewhere as I could feel wetness on the metal hose above this rubber hose. This hose looks and feel solid.

At the same time I checked the 2 hoses at the T, below the main outlet coolant hose and it doesn't seem to leak.

Any idea on what else could be leaking? Could the OE compression getting weak? TIA .

Got the money but can't take to the bank yet. Pulled the hose in question and it looks good so I put it back using worm clamps instead. No leaks so far so hoping it just an old OE clamp problem. Thanks.

Check the top hose too, I had the same problem. I think the rubber goes a little soft after being compressed for 20 years. I do have both hoses ($7 each) ready for replacement - but 4” of 1/2“ heater hose will work in a pinch.

So the hose you are describing coming off the oil filter on my rig is a bit swollen. I am planning to replace it but foolishly though this was for oil, I just now realized there is coolant flowing through this.

>> Could I get away with swapping out the line without having to drain coolant or will it come pouring out?
KIMG3334 (1).JPG

So the hose you are describing coming off the oil filter on my rig is a bit swollen. I am planning to replace it but foolishly though this was for oil, I just now realized there is coolant flowing through this.

>> Could I get away with swapping out the line without having to drain coolant or will it come pouring out? View attachment 2707384

It will come pouring out.

I elected to just replace all the hoses there.

Oill Cooler Parts1.jpg

It will come pouring out.

I elected to just replace all the hoses there.

View attachment 2707414
Sad part is Toyota just had this part removed to pull my steering rack, I asked them to replace that hose. They did not =[

OK so next time coolant is drained I should swap it out, thanks for the heads up.

Sad part is Toyota just had this part removed to pull my steering rack, I asked them to replace that hose. They did not =[

OK so next time coolant is drained I should swap it out, thanks for the heads up.

Yes, that is exactly the reason I had mine out (steering rack replacement), so a handy time to replace the hoses.

Next coolant drain sounds like a good plan for you. 👍

Oil Filter Adpt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom