Part it or sell it whole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The brown beast is doing fine ('83 FJ60), but I wanted something newer so I went ahead and bought the '89 62 and will have to do some engine work, but once it's running I was going to sell the 83.

I was wanting to get $2,500 or so for it. I paid $1,900 off Ebay (lower than any price I had seen for a decent 60 around here) and have done about $600 of improvements on it.

Anyone know anyone who wants a decent cheap 83?

Or do you think there's enough FJ60 interest locally to part it out? There's some stuff on there that I want (aftermarket bumpers, new stereo I just put in, lift and 33's)

Just wondering what you guys think. I'm sure it would be a hassle to pull everything out that people wanted. That's why I was wonering if there would be enough local interest.

The engine is still strong- the inside is pretty good- The rear quarter panels are rusted out but other than that the body is in good shape.

Thanks for the input- just trying to think this through with all options.

i dont mean to hi jack the thread but i too have often woundered if parting out my just completed 40 would allow me to get the money out of it to pay it off. it has alof off aftermarket stuff but i wounder if there is enough intrest localy so i wouldnt have to box everything up.

mike

i might be interested in an engine -tranny-x-fer, i am also very interested in the power steering box.

That helps make the decision Rhino~ We'll have tp get tpgether on that.

actually, the doors are fine. Just the above the wheel well is the rotted part.

I am going to part it out, so I'll put a list up shortly, but if there's anything you want, let me know.

I Need The Change Tray Below The Radio.

Just the black plastic piece that goes in the hole?

I guess I'm going to go forward with parting it out.

Medtro is claiming the doors, tailgate and hood for a friend.

Rhino- did you want the engine? Then there's still a whole bunch of stuff to be claimed.

There is a trailer hitch on there if anyone needs one.

Also, there will be a 89 front and back stock bumpers for sale.

xrock said:
Just the black plastic piece that goes in the hole?

That be the one. And when you're ready to get rid of the springs I'll prolly take them too. You gonna be at the cruise tonight? How's the wife doing? You guys gotta be close. I don't think Melissa is gonna make it to the 21st. The baby seems to be getting ready for an early entrance.

Unfortunately, I won't make this one as both FJ's are non-running.

Brenda is ready to go! SO, if doesn't happen before we'll be checking in Sunday night to have the baby on Monday. Gives me one last peaceful football Sunday :D

Yours will probably be about the same time from the sound of it and Lee & Shanna gotta be right behind. Quite an influx of new 'lil Cruisers coming into the world at the same time! :cheers:

XROCK,, i definitely positively want the power steering box. we will need to discuss the price of the engine-tranny-xfer,, if its in my budget i will buy them. when you are figuring your asking price keep in mind i would like accessories and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom