Part ID - Cab Mounting Bracket possibly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was redoing some suspension components over the weekend and noticed one of the brackets attached to the frame was a little beat up and I live in Pennsylvania, so I want to address it before it rusts completely and causes my LC to explode. And of course I am at work so I am devoting all of my time and attention to this when I do not have my cruiser to look at. The location of the bracket is behind the front suspension and I believe is part number(s) 51703 and 51704. Does anyone have any pictures of this area or has done this? I looked through a bunch of threads with suspension work but no one has any shots that far back on the frame. The only reason I ask is that I don't remember it looking like a body mount bracket but my memory is hazy because I wasn't focused on it. Thanks!
510401D.png

Well, after remembering @rampantwolf was doing a frame restoration, I checked out his images and I'm pretty sure its the one in the image below, also stolen from @rampantwolf . So some welding may be in my future because it looks like its attached to the frame.

FF2E91FC-4D7B-4BAC-A8E9-C20FC07A4873.jpg

Yeah. Doesn’t look like a fun time. It’s not anything immediate, but I’m going to address it before winter.

I have two bolt on cross members that I am going to finish up this summer as well. Good times living in the rust belt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom