Part Fell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catching Neutral

GOLD Star
Threads
Guys,
Fired up the cruiser leaving work. This fell out from under my dash On the drivers side. My under dash light above the control knobs is in place.
What is this?

A94CA53C-3699-494F-A74E-F6633CF6F1A6.jpeg

19454397-97F8-492F-9860-712034784E5A.jpeg

To the right of your right knee above the left of the heater box

Yeah, mine came with an extra too. No idea why.

You guys rock....my first 40 was a 79 and the heater control lever light never worked ( I didnt even know it existed) Is it on a 79? I now have something to obsess over. Cant wait to get both of these lights working.

Same. I drove my 78 for more than twenty years and never knew this was a thing.

1 Are these 2 lights on the same circuit?
2. Will this one being disconnected result in the other not working?

Just take out the two screws and see if the light bulb is good and it is plugged in. Very easy thing to do. You could even do a voltage check...make sure the head light switch is fully counter clockwise (anticlockwise for our friends.)

It’s not a spare. I didn’t realize there were 2 lights. One illuminates the dash knobs. The other illuminates the heater controls.

So PO borrowed power from this light to supply power to this gauge cluster which I have since removed.
I am now sorting out the wiring to repair the heater control indicator light. I still have no idea why the light fell or where it was. None the less. I hate when original wiring is jacked up.

72007099-CBEF-4897-AAFD-6859ABB62FD1.jpeg

7E8E1AED-ABF2-4C72-9FF7-D80C73BBD184.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom