Part 2: Parts ID help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
Getting ready to send off a box of nuts/bolts/washers/parts. Tried to get the puppies out to recondition but they wouldn't budge. Before I demolish them with further removal attempts, thought I'd ask if these grommets are still available.

If not, any suggestions for a 'not intended for that but works'?

Thanks,

Shane

only thing I could think of is warm soapy water...maybe let them sit in the hot water for a while to try to soften the grommet up. i would definitely see if they're still available...would think they'd be pretty dried out/brittle after 27 years

What part is that?

They'll come out.
Like was said, try soaking in semi hot soapy water.
I had to kinda roll mine out of slots. You removed the metal sleeves right?

They'll come out.
Like was said, try soaking in semi hot soapy water.
I had to kinda roll mine out of slots. You removed the metal sleeves right?

@Joe_E Metal sleeves. . .I'm laughing b/c I didn't remove them until after the 2-3rd attempts, hehe. Appreciate the tips - I'll give it a try at some point this week.

I've heard silicone spray also works well in rejuvenating rubber, it might help you a bit.

@darthvincor I've used that in the past but have been using Gummy Pflege Stift for about the past 6+ years. Originally found it on the M3 forums and have been using it on vehicles/parts ever since.

Thanks for the tip...

only thing I could think of is warm soapy water...maybe let them sit in the hot water for a while to try to soften the grommet up. i would definitely see if they're still available...would think they'd be pretty dried out/brittle after 27 years

What part is that?

K-

I think the part is the throttle linkage bracket thing that connects to the firewall? I'll have to go back thru my threads - I had a flashback and seem to remember asking this previously. Hmm. . .Maybe it's time to start prescribing Aricept to myself?

Didn't think about the '...warm, soapy water...' but should've, hehe, as this has worked with other tight situations in the past.

I'll email @beno to see if the parts are still available. But. .. knowing the fcuktards at Toyota, they've been d/c'd for 10 years =)

thanks, K, for the tips/advice

Shane

Looks like SOR only has a used assy available... I have a couple of those up top for future use with complete linkage (USED)

An aftermarket grommet can be had from most hardware or auto stores..

J

J-

Man, if you can put your hands on an aftermarket grommet that will fit/work, I'll give you 10% of whatever future lottery I plan on winning =)

ps - sent you a PM.

Shane

Adding to my list of questions:

Sending a large batch of nuts/bolts/etc to get gold cad plated. Ran across these odd looking pieces. Any educated guesses?

And the spacers between these clamps - do they simply serve to keep the clamp from pinching...or something beyond my scope of understanding?

thanks,

Shane

Adding to my list of questions:

Sending a large batch of nuts/bolts/etc to get gold cad plated. Ran across these odd looking pieces. Any educated guesses?

And the spacers between these clamps - do they simply serve to keep the clamp from pinching...or something beyond my scope of understanding?

thanks,

Shane

Shane! Welcome back to reality!! Those 2 bolts that you are holding look to be old hood bump steps. Missing the rubber of course...

@Oaks Thanks, Oaks. I initially thought the same but they were a little larger in diameter and had a a greasy/slight rusty film on them - like they were on the underside of the truck.

Thought I was 10/10 on the bagging/labeling of pulled 'stuff' but found an entire bin of plastic baggies with 'unknown' labeled on them :bang:

And thanks for the welcome back. . .it's good to be back in the 'real world', hehe.

Shane

Are there washers under the first screws? Captive? Possibly serrated?

Yes those spacers on the clamps are supposed to be there. They indicate location of usage (so you can keep them segregated) as well as spacing the wires correctly as you install them so they don't close in on themselves. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom