Parking lights on light bib (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All you would have to do is remove the park light wire and hook up the turn signal wire. Years ago I adapted motorcycle park/turn signal lights and adapted them to the bib.

The Bib lights have a dual filament bulb in them already but are only using the low side for markers. You can easily solder a secondary wire into the socket and continue to use the 1157 style bulb for marker and turn signal.
With the housing and light bulb out you push the little spring loaded board down and gently tilt it sideways. There are two tabs that locate and lock it into position. Clean the socket while you have it apart.

I did this also.

FJ20 series Land Cruisers bib lights were the turn signals until the FJ40 series started. I think thats why the bib lights have the option to add second wire.

Has anyone used the parking lights in the headlight bib (69 fj) for the turn signals as well and removing the fender lights all together?
i have built a kustom operation related to this topic :

- double wired the bib lamps that are already ruffed in so to speak , for running lamps small filaments and turns larger filaments

- took the 2rd generation fender lamps , the rectangle ones 12/74 style and wired up the same way , its a dual filaments too

- now , that creates a his and hers dueling upper and lower UNICORN status holy cow is it real effect , it the CAT's MEOW of this thread starter's original topic in a way i have only seen done one time by me years ago , on a project build to turn over build , in-house complete and then retail it for business to be clear ..
never heard or saw this FJ40 HYBRID lamps NON-USA Far Away theme build again oddly , but that was before LED technology of current day i push the LIMITS on with my KUSTOM KOITo LED all OEM illumination Products line up i pipe dreamed up back in 2019 when we opened our doors ,,,,

i know this concept of my reality may not be for everyone because TOYOTA never went this far that im aware of ?

but the recent ADVENT of LED Switch back Bulbs and the CLEAR Lenses for both possible bibs and the rectangle 12/74 fender lamps could take my original

all amber idea and litterly break on through to the other side of a unique KUSTOM KOITo theme some may actually fine kool too ?

oh , i get all excited easy pipe dreaming here on digital paper , sorry 🤣

a LED Switch Back bulb as 2 different color tone Diodes ,

usually a running lamp tone 8000K kool white , then a 4700K Amber orange or now in all my toyota fleet including my girl the GHOST , PURE JDM YELLOW ...

like the purest yellow you can think of ,

its retro japan golden age of all clear lenses and pure yellow turn signals

not USA spec silly AMBER oranges peals color tone we are used to here 🍊

i am obsessed with anything JIS JDM illumination products 12V and 24V alike ,

so hence my outside the TEq Box concept ideas , ....

it can be a real thing , and perhaps now it should become a prototype for a feeler ,

hummmmmm 🤔
1672244303908.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom