Parking/Emergency Brake Warning Light

LosAZ

SILVER Star
Hello. My 84 FJ60 parking warning light stays on when I disengage the parking brake. It turns off if I press down on the parking brake lever. Is there an adjustment to remedy this?

OSS

SILVER Star
There’s a little switch that the parking brake lever pushes on when it’s lowered. Remove the parking brake lever boot (vinyl boot, not the actual lever) and you’ll see the switch and how it’s activated.

LosAZ

SILVER Star
There’s a little switch that the parking brake lever pushes on when it’s lowered. Remove the parking brake lever boot (vinyl boot, not the actual lever) and you’ll see the switch and how it’s activated.
Thanks! I will check it out. The fluid is at the max in the reservoir and it turns off if I apply pressure on the lever.

Do what I do, and get a screw driver and a hammer and hit the light out.

Do what I do, and get a screw driver and a hammer and hit the light out.
1649104360564.png

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Is the red brake light just an indicator that the parking brake is on? I am still fighting issues with my brakes and the light stays on even when parking brake is disengaged.

2mbb

SILVER Star
Is the red brake light just an indicator that the parking brake is on? I am still fighting issues with my brakes and the light stays on even when parking brake is disengaged.
the brake light also lights up when the brake fluid is low. This could actually be low level in the brake fluid reservoir or it could be that the reservoir level switch is bad or disconnected. This switch is attached to the cap of the brake fluid reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom