Parking Brake Solutions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Swapping from B to 3B and losing the drive-line brake.

What is the best method of regaining the e-brake.

I'm considering swapping in 60 series running gear, but at the cost of $400 and outboarding the suspension mounts, it may not be the best option.

How about merely welding on some 60 series brake assembly to my 40 axle (weld since they won't bolt up)

I don't want to do a disk-brake conversion because it will cost the same as putting in 60 axles, which is an upgrade in addition to having an e-brake.

You could try welding on the 60 series brake stuff onto your 40 axle. I've never heard of it being done, but....

You can get a split-case E-brake from a few different companies. No idea how well they work. Search for the split case E-brake for more info.

You could also look for a late model 40 series rear axle. Then you wouldn't have to outboard your springs, and you'd have the parking brake on the axle itself...

Dan

I have a line lock in my break line. This isn’t an emergency break solution, but it works for parking on the trail with the motor running. I don’t use it for extended parking times either. But it holds great, when I need to hop out and do something, and I hop back in again.

You could also use a 70 sereis rear end,
or do a rear disc conversion with a caliper e barake.

I think the cost will be pretty much the same on all options.

Heres a cheap and easy option too.......
images.jpeg

You better be real fast on a steep hill with that option...

A wheel block isn't good enough to pass a safety inspection.

For 400 I can get a set of 60 series axles, rebuilt knuckles in the front with new brakes. Or for 400 I can get disk brakes in the rear, so getting the 60 series is better - all I have to do extra is move my front suspension mounts out 1.5". (no mounts on back yet).

On another note I'm getting my OME suspension on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom