Parking brake return spring tension options?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know how to interpret the various parking brake return choices? In the aftermarket kits, some springs are different colors, in the toyota parts catalog, there are "tension #1, 2, and 3" options. In the factory diagrams this is 46550E. The FSM doesn't seem to offer any guidance and I've never seen options like this.

I'm struggling to get my parking brake to hold the truck on a steep incline (10% grade) and not drag when not in use. I'm taking it apart again tonight. rethinking everything and will order the full $400 OEM package of rotors, shoes, struts, etc. if I can't get it dialed in this evening with my current all new assortment of aftermarket parts.

I used OEM bell cranks/covers/main springs and used aftermarket Raybestos fit kit, Power stop shoes and a longer dog bone. The springs make sense when you see them, if the OEM part I took off looked better than the Raybestos I used the OEM again unless it was a 1 time use part. My parking brake was good for a few months then sucked again. I read here after I did the work that the OEM shoes are $$$ because they grip and just work. Next time I have my rear brakes off, i'll probably install OEM shoes.

These look like the bad boys you need, labeled "46550E (FRONT)" and "46550E (REAR)" in the diagram. No choices as far as spring tension as far as I can tell, just "SPRING, TENSION(FOR PARKING BRAKE SHOE RETURN)".

9050720016.jpg

9050723014.jpg

460189B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom