Parking brake parts - need a source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

My parking brakes are rusted and busted.. I have the spring/pin/clip etc rebuild kit, but I am still in need of the following:

Parking brake shoe lever
Parking brake cable No. 2
Bellcrank
Bellcrank bracket

I can't find part numbers, and my usual sources only seem to offer shoes. I do order from various Toyota dealers online.. but do you think if I walked in a dealership with an image and list, the parts guys could work it out? Any source you can share would be awesome! Thanks.
parking brake parts.jpg

CruiersParts.net has a kit but I don't have first hand experience with them. When I rebuilt/replaced my parts I just pieced together what I needed from McGeorge.

If possible take oem brake shoes. Those got awesome friction. Unfortunately, when I did mine, I went with non oem and the force it applies is really minimal and tends to roll even with oem new brake rotors.

CruiersParts.net has a kit but I don't have first hand experience with them. When I rebuilt/replaced my parts I just pieced together what I needed from McGeorge.

Outstanding! Thanks very much.. they have exactly what I need. Life saver

Hi All,

My parking brakes are rusted and busted.. I have the spring/pin/clip etc rebuild kit, but I am still in need of the following:

Parking brake shoe lever
Parking brake cable No. 2
Bellcrank
Bellcrank bracket

I can't find part numbers, and my usual sources only seem to offer shoes. I do order from various Toyota dealers online.. but do you think if I walked in a dealership with an image and list, the parts guys could work it out? Any source you can share would be awesome! Thanks. View attachment 1950742
Go to the dealership if you feel like getting told the parts are not in stock, they will order them for you (from the same warehouse as online), and oh, they will charge a 40+% markup, as well....

McGeorge- Yes
Crusier Outfitters YES- Great forum supporter and independent small business supporting everything LandCruiser

Cruiserparts: -!- nice folks, but if you're in a hurry, you might have to wait a while for them to assemble the kit and follow up communication was less than desirable.

Thanks for the tip, i'll keep that in mind. Though I have since ordered from cruiserparts.. we shall see.

Hope it goes ok for you, wasn’t familiar with the some of the issues others have had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom