Wanted Parking Brake Kit for Split Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have the shaft brand new and a drum for it, but not the rear bearing retainer.

you can buy all these components seperately brand new from the dealer. did you try cruiser dan?

the shaft i have is brand new in the oem box.

Ok, so $OR doesn't want to play nice. I was close to sourcing the rest of the parts and got bumped to a "customer service rep" who said "Blah blah blah... we sell it as a kit. I'm not saying we don't sell the parts seperately but I can't tell you what they are because that would be giving away the keys to the kingdom."

Ha! I understand they are trying to protect their own interests and appreciate the fact that they provide TONS of cruiser parts and SOME technical support but really!

Makes me want to try even harder. :)

i know for a fact that mudrak has done this conversion using all oem toyota parts that he got from his local dealer. i helped him assemble the case and e-brake setup......so you might want to try to contact him. if you don't have any luck, i can try calling gary also.

as far as sor is concerned, i completely understand why they would'nt want to divulge this info. and i agree with them. marv, kaye and their crew have put a lifetime of hard work and effort into building up sor. hence the reluctancy to give up the part #s.

George-
I agree! I spoke with Kaye and she was quite helpful but gave me the bump when I started throwing part #'s at her. I spoke with Paul and we chatted about that very thing. I enjoy doing things on my own and get personal satisfaction from figuring things out so thought I would give it a try. At some point I have to ask "Is this worth all my time to save a few bucks and gain personal satisfaction?" I think the answer this time is probably no.

Pat-

I've got those #'s but believe they are non-USA parts and therefore come through an importer. Cabe, SOR, etc buy through them and have a corner on the market.

It's mostly the other parts that I am trying to figure out. Seals, nuts, DRUM, etc.

I'm pretty sure I know which retainer and gasket but w/o George having the Drum I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I can't seem to scab that #.

Last edited:
Dom, Maybe one of the members form Australia could chime in and see if they could source the part. Worth a try.

trying to find that hard to find part is part of the fun of this hobby keep digging!

Last edited:
Well, I realized I needed the shaft to rebuild the case correctly so... I ponied up the cash and bought the kit from SOR. I've been able to save a bit of $ in a few other places on this project so I'll just suck this one up. I know there are a few other options for P Brakes but I wanted to stay with the original pull lever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom