Parking brake drum & Speedi-sleeve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Transfer case seal is leaking at parking brake drum. I bought the double seals and will be installing in the speedo housing. I also bought the speedi sleeve and wondering how far in I should install it. It doesn't look like it's going to cover the depth of both seals. To me it makes sense to make sure the inner seal rides the speedi sleeve. Any advice on this?

Also, take a look at the drum shaft. At first I thought it was scored badly in one spot, but actually some PO has turned the shaft and pressed on another piece. Has anyone else seen this? I'm slightly worried it could compromise the strength of the shaft where they meet.

20200207_134437_copy_567x551_425x413.jpg

20200207_134418_copy_567x633_425x474.jpg

20200207_134452_copy_567x592_425x443.jpg

I would be looking for an untouched drum, just because I'm that way.

Considering the end of the drum they turned is the splined end, that drum is completely compromised. I wouldn’t spend another penny or another minute on it.

Post to classifieds for another. I have several if you feel like supporting a MUD vendor. :)

X2 what @65swb45 says. Great vendor, he'll get you all set up with a great replacement. Then call or message @orangefj45 and get one of his machined double seal housings. Put it all back together then presto--no more leaks.

X2 what @65swb45 says. Great vendor, he'll get you all set up with a great replacement. Then call or message @orangefj45 and get one of his machined double seal housings. Put it all back together then presto--no more leaks.

Dean, I sell those too. Highlighted on the transfer case page of my website. ;)

I should have known you’d have them. One stop shop—I love it!! BTW Mark, congrats on your 30th year in business.

Thanks Dean. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom