Parking brake after tranny swap... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing an SM420 and a Rock Box in my 40 and I'm trying to figure out what to do about the parking brake. I searched and saw the BTB cable, but I'd like to not have to spend $140 on a single cable since this is just my trail rig. I'm curious if there are any other cheaper options out there. Thanks.

a line-lock is one option:idea:

Well I do want to keep the stock parking brake, just hoping there is a little cheaper option of hooking it up, $140 for a cable just seems outrageous. :frown:

The cable is very nice and stout. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Although it's expensive, it's a safety item and you can't associate a cost with that...

hey AATLAS1X i believe he's talking about the extended cable that www.btbprod.com sells, i remember seing it a few years back.

I think Poser has posted a source for custom length PB cables. You might PM him and see.......

GL

Ed

personally am scared of line locks; in the event of total hydraulic failure you are without a backup...........it happened to me when I lost all my hydralics :( ouch!

Lou

Don't mean to "hijack" but I have the same issue. Just need to know what a "Line Lock" is.

Tim
A line-lock is a valve that holds the hydraulic pressure in the brake lines - same effect as if you sat there and held your foot on the brake pedal, but if you lose your hydraulic pressure for any reason, even just weep a couple drops of brake fluid out of the system somewhere, well just ask n2666s about it.

A line-lock is a valve that holds the hydraulic pressure in the brake lines - same effect as if you sat there and held your foot on the brake pedal, but if you lose your hydraulic pressure for any reason, even just weep a couple drops of brake fluid out of the system somewhere, well just ask n2666s about it.

Kootenay Kruzer!! Now I get it, and now I know why they're not street legal:doh:

Thanks, Tim

put in a split transfer case + 4 speed and 2F in our 78 fj55; used the Parking Brake Kit For Split Transfercase from $OR but had to get the brake cable from Gary K at Mudrak, $OR was not at all helpfull when we called about the cable<grrrrrrrrrrrr>BTW it does work VERY well

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom