Parking Assist Computer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dealer checked out my '14 LX and said the reason the backup camera and parking sensors were not working is that the Parking Assist Computer got wet and needs to be replaced. Have had no leaks or issues with water. Only way water got to it would be condensate from the AC.
Don't trust my dealer either. I can't find anything on the internet and thought I'd check here. Quoting $800+ for the part and $200+ for labor. I saw a new module for $600 and it may be worth trying it on my own. Anyone ever pull one out or install one?

Are you certain about no leaks or water in the wrong place? Before making any replacement decisions, I'd figure out how anything got wet.

Welcome to Mud, by the way..........

Has your windshield EVER been replaced?

One person here had a manufacturing defect with the chassis where some sealant was left out of a body seam in the cowl. It was well-hidden until the front fenders were removed. This leak allowed water onto the floorboard where the body harnesses run. Thing is between that leak or windshield, the carpet, padding, and sound deadening is so thick you may never get wet carpet you can feel from the top.

It is very easy to pull the trim at the door jamb on both sides and check for evidence of water at the front of the floorboards out toward the sides. Probably worth a look. You should definitely verify there is no water before replacing the module, as it might just fry your new one.

I bring all of this up because AC drains are not a common leak. Many people thought that was the issue but it turned out to be windshield related, or in the case of the body seam.. a manufacturing defect. I don't recall anyone successfully tracking this down to AC drains, out of at least a dozen, maybe two.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome. Long time lurker, first time posting. Dealer wanted to replace the module without looking for a leak. The windshield was replaced 3 or 4 years ago. Looks like I’ve got some digging to do. Very helpful advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom