Parker Tig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been reading all the hipe on the parker Plasma Cutters and I so far have been sold. If my Miller Pectrum 500 takes a dump I will get one...

I asked on the plasma thread about the Tig machines by parker and got no comment but maybe guys with the TIG did not read it...

So my question is: Does anyone have a Parker Tig Machine and if so how do you like it. What material have you welded? Would you recommend it to others and why...

JOSH

They had a plasma, tig, and stick combo on ebay but I don't see it on their site.

Kevin

Edit went to their site and saw the next button :doh: they have them on page 3.

you know...i have heard some good things about these machines and the price seems to be great for the cheaper plasma cutters...but to be honest the owner/sales person is way to pushy and IMHO didnt deal with some of the problems with his machines very well. wouldnt you be pissed if your plasma table went down and you have 3 weeks or work waiting? note: i dont know the person who griped or his situation, im just saying that the machine is marketed to be so unbelievable and then somone who depends on it has problems and to get that sort of response...i dunno, if i bought somthing from them it would be one of the cheepo plasma's and go with a miller for my tig welder, your paying for the name yes but with the name comes service and the fact that you can get parts and consumables from basicly ANY welding shop ect...just my opinion though.

I know three people that had minor issues with the parker unit. All were taken care of immediately..

Can you point me to the link that shows the grumpy owner?

BTW, the machine is not unbelievable. The technology has been around for a long time. It is just that the machine you get for the price is outstanding.

What is the waiting if your miller based plasma table went down? (I honestly do not know)

if you follow the link above i think the grumpy guy is mentioned in the first few pages...i dont know what the wait would be for a miller based plasma table if it went down but if the shop is what puts food on the table i wouldnt want to be waiting for e-mails and parts in the mail....its nice to know that i can go to the nearest welding shop and they will know the machine im talking about and might even have the part in stock, for us its not such a big deal because if it goes down its oh well the project can wait for a week while the part comes in the mail...you see what im getting at (and i honestly dont know the time either but parts from the states are closer then china i would think)? and the other thing...i just dont like the guy goes about selling his product, gets overly offensive when people try to get a better price (granted its a great price but regardless i usualy try to get a seller to move on price...if its a good price already then i dont bother to barder to much.) and he's pushy, just not a good combintation for me. i dunno, like i said maybe i would go for one of the cheapo plasma's but i wouldnt spend the money on one of their tigs...if your gunna drop the coin for a tig dont half ass it save for the extra time. Iv used a cheap crappy tig welder and then i spent alot of time on a kempi machine in finland and there is no comparison to a high quality machine...just my 2 cents. also keeping in mind for me my welding equipment will be for hobby use now but at some point it will be used in my own welding/fab shop so i would rather save longer and get a miller or hobart

If you request it, any shop can carry the parker supplies.

He gave some pretty heavy discounts initally to get the units into the market. Now everyone wants them at that price. I would be fairly annoyed if I was him as well.

What makes their tigs cheap and crappy?

i havnt used their tigs in person so i cant comment on if its cheap or crappy, i didnt mean for it to sound like i had used it and it was bad. im just saying if your going to do a large amount of welding on i would consider getting somthing thats been around a while longer and is kind of more tried and tested. havnt used a miller either but the kempi that i used was a pleasure to work with...this is just IMHO so...take it with a grain of salt, im not a long time weldor who has been at it for years im a 18 year old kid who's been doing it for a few years and was just sharing an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom