Parchment vs. Black interior on LX 570 - how does driver's seat hold up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wife wants to replace her QX80 with an LX. We are looking at 2013-2015 models. She prefers the Parchment interior, but the ones I'm seeing online look to have a LOT of wear on the drivers seat, even in cars that only have 40k, 50k, 60k miles. The one I saw in person had a black interior and it's drivers seat was in great shape with 67k.

Does the black hold up better than the parchment, or is it just that the parchment shows wear more? Anyone with LXs in that age range care to chime in?

The parchment shows everything but it is MUCH cooler. It's a trade off in my opinion. I like my parchment, but it can get ugly pretty quick, especially in high traffic areas. Seems to clean up well though.

Mine is gray and is the perfect middle ground IMO. mine is a 2010, not sure if gray was offered to 2013-2015 MY's.

Most of the LX's I looked at when I was looking to buy one about 2 mos. ago with the lighter colored interior needed attention. Someone can dress it up to sell but the wear and tear shows up pretty quick after the sale. I've seen lower seat replacements on Ebay and they don't look too bad to install. Price isn't too bad either.

I've owned many Lexuses (Lexi?). I find their interior materials and leathers to be some of the best in the industry in terms of being durable and hard wearing for normal use. Their interior look fresh after 100k miles where many other brands interiors show significant wear far earlier. It's an area where Toyota/Lexus spends more of their material dollars IMO.

Much of the wear in the lighter colors is not necessarily wear. Just that it shows more dirt against the contrasting colors. Dirt in the grains of the leather. A good deep cleaning will freshen these right up.

If there is damage or tears, local upholsterers can work some amazing wonders.

Mine is gray and is the perfect middle ground IMO. mine is a 2010, not sure if gray was offered to 2013-2015 MY's.
Unfortunately, no. Only parchment and black. I would prefer a saddle/brown option ideally.

Unfortunately, no. Only parchment and black. I would prefer a saddle/brown option ideally.

Saddle tan for the win!

rtVkuY4.jpg

Does anyone else feel like the black leather looks better in pictures versus other colors?

Maybe it’s in my head, but looking at the black/ grey interiors, I feel like they are just as worn as other colors in person. But I could see how they might look better in a picture.

Maybe I’m way off, what do you guys think?

Don’t trust anything you see in the dealerships. You could very well be looking at a cheap spray/repair job that will come apart in a months’ time.

Rather, I would look at a vehicle that matches all of your other prerequisites (service history, no accidents, etc) and buy a replacement seat bottom skin from ebay for $200.

Parchment is beautiful but only for the first month. I would never buy it for a long term vehicle. Black ages the best IMO. I have a big scratch on my driver side seat bottom and would like to replace it. I only see parchment on ebay. Anyone know where to find a black driver side seat bottom for a 2015 LX?

Parchment makes the interior feel airy and spacious. It just needs a little care.

Really? I have not seen one of those anywhere.

Yes sir. Bought it 100% stock, one owner, in December of 2018. Might be a Canada-only option?

Parchment makes the interior feel airy and spacious. It just needs a little care.

Absolutely right. As nice as black looks, it eventually gets depressing, I find. It took me months to find a truck with parchment/silver combo, but well worth it for me.

The parchment shows everything but it is MUCH cooler. It's a trade off in my opinion. I like my parchment, but it can get ugly pretty quick, especially in high traffic areas. Seems to clean up well though.

incorrect, interior color doesnt make much of a difference in temperature, whereas exterior color makes a massive difference.
" When they measured the interior temperature after a few hours, they discovered the theory rang true. The black car's cabin measured a scorching 130 degrees Fahrenheit, while the white car's interior registered only 113 degrees. "

incorrect, interior color doesnt make much of a difference in temperature, whereas exterior color makes a massive difference.
" When they measured the interior temperature after a few hours, they discovered the theory rang true. The black car's cabin measured a scorching 130 degrees Fahrenheit, while the white car's interior registered only 113 degrees. "

I disagree. Who is “they” anyway? Mythbusters?

My experience was in identical LXs, both grey, both parked on the same scorching dealer lot in August. Black/dark gray was noticeably hotter than parchment.

Having said that, it is the also extent of my thermodynamics education at reallife.edu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom