Parasitic electrical draw problem - help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys and Gals-

As the title says I have a electrical draw somewhere in my BJ40 that will drain my batteries if I don’t disconnect them after use.

Was thinking of installing a battery cut off switch somewhere in the cab so I don’t have to pop the hood every time I park her for the day.

The easiest install spot would be in between my ground to the engine and the first battery. It is a 24volt system with 2 batteries in series.

Would this location stop a parasitic draw or do I need to install it between the 2nd battery and the starter?

D872630E-3A1F-4CA1-A0F2-82FB342742E7.png

Hook up a multimeter between the battery neg cable and bat negative post. Set it to ma ( miliamps) and that will show your draw. Now start pulling fuses or relays until the ma go down below 50 ma.

Hook up a multimeter between the battery neg cable and bat negative post. Set it to ma ( miliamps) and that will show your draw. Now start pulling fuses or relays until the ma go down below 50 ma.

Are you suggesting fixing the problem and not just slapping an expensive bandaid on it? 😂

I will do that! Does it matter which of the 2 batteries I test this on? I have little knowledge of a 12volt system and even less on a 24volt. Have been pretty apprehensive of trying to fix this issue. I will start with your suggestion.

Success!! Owe you guys a beer. Hit me up if ever in town.

Multimeter was reading 198.7 and I could hear a “click” inside the cab every time the probes were connected. Went through all the fuses one by one with no change. Finally realized the “click” was coming from the back. Only thing back there is the ARB compressor which I have never used and assumed did not work.

After unraveling a bunch of PO electrical tape I was able to disconnect it. BOOM problem solved!

E6AB21FE-301E-40B1-A1DD-E38741104499.jpeg

8C9F3E2D-B463-4BF2-A4C5-2CA1E6C8C6A8.jpeg

6ED0D07D-334E-4AA9-A145-ED9E050B5FE6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom