Parasitic Draw Issue ('02 LX470) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Realized that there was an issue when my battery would be completely dead after sitting more than a day without being driven and did a test on the battery line to find a constant low draw. Pulled every circuit both in the engine bay and the driver side panel and no affect whatsover. It did drop to almost 0 at certain times when the driver side fuse panel was "jiggled" so went ahead and ordered a new one. Hopefully that does the trick but has anyone else experienced this?

Realized that there was an issue when my battery would be completely dead after sitting more than a day without being driven and did a test on the battery line to find a constant low draw. Pulled every circuit both in the engine bay and the driver side panel and no affect whatsover. It did drop to almost 0 at certain times when the driver side fuse panel was "jiggled" so went ahead and ordered a new one. Hopefully that does the trick but has anyone else experienced this?

Did the replacement fuse panel fix your draw?

So found a brand new Cowl Box on MyLParts for around $500 and that did the trick. Huge relief.
Can you give me the part number. I have a similar issue, and have had the volt ohm meter on it, and can't find a thing. I will giggle the box to see, but I might need this part any way. I have 2 of these awesome beasts. Thanks!

Snappy, Here is the part number from MyLparts.com. That being said, the draw was not fixed. It's intermittent but will still drain my battery in under 48 hours. I'm looking into installing a battery disconnect switch to deal with it in the meantime while we try and figure it out. A buddy mentioned having a similar problem with an old 80 series that had a lowjack installed so I'm going to have my mechanic look into that.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
82733-60041​
Block, Cowl Side Jun​
$588.96​
1​
$588.96​

Random long shot here but what’s the draw? When my alternator went bad I only noticed through a parasitic draw. And then I noticed all my bulbs burned out and my antenna stopped working. It was charging at 18+ And drawing 3amps off because the regulator failed. Same symptoms. I’d check terminal to terminal with the engine running.

Random long shot here but what’s the draw? When my alternator went bad I only noticed through a parasitic draw. And then I noticed all my bulbs burned out and my antenna stopped working. It was charging at 18+ And drawing 3amps off because the regulator failed. Same symptoms. I’d check terminal to terminal with the engine running.

The alternator was the first thing I replaced. The draw goes away randomly but then comes back on (all this with engine off and no key in ignition).

Have same symptoms on my 02 lx470, what was your issue?

New alternator for this weekend…hopefully a 2 banana 🍌 🍌 job. And this will be the end to my draw down…

Earlier this year, I was having some problems with the power windows in my '04. I replaced the DS front power window switch panel to fix the problem. I used an inexpensive Chinese part I found on Amazon, I think. That cheap part created a parasitic draw that would kill my battery overnight. Switching that out for the original part fixed _that_ problem. (I don't remember how I fixed my window problem.)

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom