Parabolics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm fairly new to the Land of the Cruiser's. I want a modest lift and got really excited when I heard about parabolic springs. Then I find out Heystee, seemingly the only manufacturer of such springs available to us, has basically closed shop. I know some still make them (exclusively for land rover), but haven't seen any for fj60/62s. Anyone catch wind of another parabolic manufacturer? Were they really as good as HST said, or should I keep saving my nickels for OMEs?

There is a good thread on parabolics. Just do a search and you'll find it. But the short of it is that it really isn't an option right now. Keep saving for OME. It is the best turnkey solution right now.

These are discussed in the FAQ section, read it and try to get that thread goin again

beat me by a minute or less!!

or should I keep saving my nickels for OMEs?

From previous reading on this subject, the parabolics have not held up well in Land Cruisers.

So, yes, save your money for OMEs if that's the direction you want go in.

~John

I have been in contact with Paul at Heystee on and off for the last few months. He opens up a list for 60 series cruiser springs whenever he has enough interest to merit making several sets at a time, which is 30 sets minimum.

I also traded emails with Paul Heystee. Here is the last one--the one where I lost interest:

Thank you for your e-mail. At this moment I only have Land Rover and J40 series suspensions in stock. I need to do a production run of J60 springs but for this I need a minimum batch of 50 sets. I have pre-orders but not enough to start so I can't say how long it will take.
Prices depend on production but they will be around Eur 1.600,-
Shipping is ± Eur 325,- by FedEx.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Regards,
Paul Heystee

Heystee Automotive BV
Koninginneweg 16
1241 CS Kortenhoef
The Netherlands

tel: +31 (0)6 53 504 557
Heystee Automotive BV
HST Parabolic Suspension Systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom