Pamela Landy 2.0 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got to actually drive the 80!

Loaded up the dogs and headed out for a hike. With both dogs and a light tool box in the back she's sagging a lot... but drove well otherwise. A little rubbing at what was stock height 27 years ago with the 35s, so tried to avoid cycling the suspension for now.

_DSC9293-Edit.jpg
_DSC9356.jpg

Picked up an ARB bumper that will be a placeholder until I order a Dissent set. Hunting for a used winch to rebuild and some sliders. Suspension is on the way.

_DSC9401-Edit.jpg
_DSC9537-Edit.jpg

Got the lift finished (except for bump stops and realigning it) and took it for a quick spin. Lifted a lot more than I expected but I don't not like it. Needs 37s though.

After a hectic June, we've finally been able to get back outside a few times.

No real wheeling yet, but so far the front end doesn't feel like it's flexing as well as it should. Not impressed so far.

_DSC9641.jpg
_DSC9632.jpg

Shock length could be affecting your flex.

The info may be there. I have the typical one 850/860 setup up and wanna put longer shocks in Atleast the front. When you have the truck on the lift it’s crazy to see all the travel that doesn’t get used.

The info may be there. I have the typical one 850/860 setup up and wanna put longer shocks in Atleast the front. When you have the truck on the lift it’s crazy to see all the travel that doesn’t get used.
Yup. It’s there, I went with the 3-5 inch shocks for a ~3 inch lift. It’s doesn’t feel like it’s even using the travel that it has. Not a fan of the Flexi springs in all honesty.

Probably going to swap the front end to the VT coils like the rear, see how that goes before adding longer shocks.

Super minor updates:

- Winch installed, need to move the solenoid somewhere else rather than on the ARB light mount. It's tighter with the 12k than I thought it would be back there. After spacing the winch back I don't have the space to fit the solenoid between the winch and grill like I thought I would. I always lose wireless remotes soo... time to make a bracket.

- Scangauge in, temps seem okay. Maybe a touch high, ~190-205 in normal running at 60-80mph. Gets toasty on passes for sure. Full flush on the to-do list.

Found some 'lil baby rocks on the way to our campsite this weekend.

_DSC9678-Edit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom