Pakistani top on an Aqualu tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it better to go with the real steel bows or oem? Is there even a difference.

I have an aqualu tub and trying decide which is the better route to go.

Great informative thread.

Look up Skillet's thread too. He has real steel bows and an aqualu tub.

I don't remember seeing this thread before, but my 40 is going to look similar to this picture from post 33. Maybe never this pretty.

attachment.php

Is it better to go with the real steel bows or oem? Is there even a difference.

I have an aqualu tub and trying decide which is the better route to go.

Great informative thread.

for the record, mine are OEM bows

So... a little over 3 years and I'm waking up this thread.

I'm curious as to how the door frame part sits on a stock truck with a FST. What lines up with what when it is right? What is the ideal alignment with an Aqualu?

Cutting the tube in half pushes the frame outward but does it move it enough? (It seems so given the satisfaction people have with the mod I guess but I thought I'd ask.)

What?

Let me clarify... I would like to see close up pictures of a stock tub with stock FST from the out and insides showing where the "B" pillar piece hits the tub. I want to see what a fully stock set-up looks like.

So... a little over 3 years and I'm waking up this thread.

I'm curious as to how the door frame part sits on a stock truck with a FST. What lines up with what when it is right? What is the ideal alignment with an Aqualu?

Cutting the tube in half pushes the frame outward but does it move it enough? (It seems so given the satisfaction people have with the mod I guess but I thought I'd ask.)

Thread resurrection time: @woytovich did you find an answer to your question? I have the same question now after initial fit and putting my Pilgrim bow into the b-posts. From your thread here I am guessing that keeping the outer face of the b-post bow in line with the outer tub wall matches factory bowset lines? Not as much of the tube will be have to cut off on my bows as the OP had to, for me to get the two surfaces flush. I also think I will use the bracket idea in post #32 to locate the rear bow.

Thanks all for the info in the thread...big help so far. Will update when I have it done, so more data points in the thread.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom