Paki Canvas Top Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stupid is as stupid does. I backed into the eve of my roof and put a hole in my OD Canvas top.:crybaby:

CIMG1429.jpg

Liquid encouragement: Bulleit Bourbon
Canvas sewing kit
extra canvas sent with top

CIMG1428.jpg

CIMG1604.jpg

My sewing skills suck but it was kind of fun, maybe that was the whiskey. The real tradjedy here was that the wife backed the Megacab into the plum tree on the front lawn a couple of days before and taco'd the tailgate. When I did this she said look, anyone can make a mistake.:mad:

Nothing wrong with that. Looks good. Give it a little time to fade and I don't think anyone will be the wiser. I've got some repairs to do on mine.
Liquid encouragement always helps :beer:

good job....it gives it "character"

GOOD JOB.. now that u fixed that hole the next one will be exciting and almost fun :).

i had a rip in my canvas top that was stressing me out but after i sewed it up i forgot what all the fuss was about.. not really that hard.

good job....it gives it "character"

Believe me, character isn't something that is in short supply with this thing. I guess the nice thing about FJ40's is that they look just fine with a little battle damage. I carried a Swiss Army Knife for years that my uncle (who died at 38) had used to pound in some finish nails. It messed up the plastic and the little cross but I thought of him everytime I picked it up. Maybe when I'm dead and gone my son will look up at that Frankenstein stitch job and think of me.

not too bad

not too bad but an idea I had with mine was to sew a 2 inch strip all the way round the edge with a machine and make it look like it was doubled up on purpose as reinforcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom