Pajero pajaro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tomato tomahtow.

Paired with the diesel nissan caravan I imported, I also picked up a diesel pajero because I just want to play with fun cars. A good friend of mine has one and after seeing his adventures in it I've apparently grown a fondness to them. According to the seller, he bought it brand new in 94 and has been driving it since! If this little guy is as sound as it looks and as the seller made it out to be, I might have a hard time letting go of it. At the very least it will keep me occupied until I finish the swap in my 80.

trade3072-img1024x682-1615180645mm4aw026677.jpg
trade3072-img1024x683-1615180645mzkywl26677.jpg
pajro_nishio3.jpg

That thing is awesome! I've debated on selling my 89 ( honestly struggle to find time to wrench on it ) and pick up one of these.

Beautiful rig. I sold my 80 years ago, just got a '01 Pajero and couldn't be happier to be back.

It's too clean though, where's the dirt haha.

Oh jeez, I wasn't getting updates on posts for this thread! Yes, that's the 4m40.

It's been a fun little rig so far! Needs a touch of work, though. It needs all new ball joints up front, which I've gotten but haven't taken her down to install. Also needs new injectors or a front seal on the injector pump. Definitely getting air in the system after sitting for a day, and feels slightly low on power.

Despite those little setbacks, I've been driving it pretty much daily for the past 2 months, and I love it. It drives so nice. I can definitely see why there's a huge following for these!

Oh jeez, I wasn't getting updates on posts for this thread! Yes, that's the 4m40.

It's been a fun little rig so far! Needs a touch of work, though. It needs all new ball joints up front, which I've gotten but haven't taken her down to install. Also needs new injectors or a front seal on the injector pump. Definitely getting air in the system after sitting for a day, and feels slightly low on power.

Despite those little setbacks, I've been driving it pretty much daily for the past 2 months, and I love it. It drives so nice. I can definitely see why there's a huge following for these!
Good to hear! You've probably done your research already. The pump as it gets on in age likely needs that seal done. New injectors will improve smoke levels, fuel econ etc, but the seal for the air...

4m40 I'd a great motor. Fun fact... A lot of folks have used the mitsu 4m40 mechanical pump with the 1kz 3.0L Toyota diesel to get rid of the electronic pump... So that's some street cred right there.

I loved my 4m40. Do you have an egt gauge? Invaluable to watch those temps on climbs..

Good to hear! You've probably done your research already. The pump as it gets on in age likely needs that seal done. New injectors will improve smoke levels, fuel econ etc, but the seal for the air...

I loved my 4m40. Do you have an egt gauge? Invaluable to watch those temps on climbs..

I do have an egt gauge, actually! I haven't finished installing it yet lol. My plan is to do the egt, seal, injectors, and ball joints all at once

I was able to tap a hole (post turbo) into the downpipe and thread the being into it. Not great access, but doable.

Depending on your altitude it's surprising how high the temps can get with no real indication from the truck... Until the heat soak makes its way forward if they continue and then your coolant temps start rising. But keeping out of high egts can fend this off long before it's an issue. (More revs brings down your temps quickly if needed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom