PAIR homage bolts or studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m paying homage to the PAIR. I got some key rings that I’m using.

The old studs were in pretty tight and I wanted to replace to be on the safe side.

Any advise on whether to use bolts or go back with studs?

I would just use bolts if you can. I switched the EGR from studs to stainless bolts and it was a lot easier to manipulate. I still run studs in the PAIR spots. I put my O2 sensors there. I would switch those to bolts but they are in great shape and aren't causing me any grief at the moment.

Thanks guys. That’s what I was hoping you’d say. It’s a little easier. Just wanted to do the right thing but didn’t think it matters too much.

I am running the bolts all the way down and cleaning them up in case I have to take them back out. Will use anti seize to make sure.

Thanks guys. That’s what I was hoping you’d say. It’s a little easier. Just wanted to do the right thing but didn’t think it matters too much.

I am running the bolts all the way down and cleaning them up in case I have to take them back out. Will use anti seize to make sure.
If you want to remove your current studs - check out the stainless Ford manifold studs on Amazon. They use a hex key to turn. A little longer than the existing studs but pretty slick.

Do I use the gaskets or not? I used the gaskets on the EGR but they were soft. Let me know what you think.

Appreciate the input.

CAAFDAD0-61CC-4F9F-8F33-F9EEB09DCE4B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom