PaintLab Mix™ Modular Cargo System- Part 1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been designing a cargo system for almost a year... ever since I built my first one over 5 years ago (inspired by PismoJim's excellent writeup), I've been designing on it.
New Cargo System-AVAILABLE THRU HANNAQUALITY.COM
from the outside & front seat- see the Quad Jerry can Rack?
2331750070_ce69d1b9c1_m.jpg
2331750264_904b66727c_m.jpg

PaintLab Mix™ modular rack system (*messy cargo area not included)

I came up with a design, I welded it up myself and mounted to the existing 3rd row mounts thanks to Inverness for his glorious shop.

The idea is the ability to hold up to 4 jerry cans or tools, etc without taking any cargo floor space. It also centers the heavy load directly over the rear axle.
CO2 tank is mounted to the end of the rack w/ QuickFist straps (temporary design-i'm thinking of welding a flat plate to bolt accessories to)

Water Jerry Cans are accessible for showers thru the slider windows- easy & don't have to pull cans out.
Tool boxes are accessible but out of the way.
The stock tire jack area is still accessible.
2321750480_0b8c2f5657.jpg

I am working with Hanna Quality to put these into production! The advantage is Ken Hanna's expertise to make custom, bolt-on mounts & all the details refined. It would be more expensive to DIY at what HQ is thinking of selling the racks for so I think it will be a great bolt-on mod for anyone.

Part 2 will be the rest of the Cargo System stay tuned!:cheers:
New Cargo System-AVAILABLE THRU HANNAQUALITY.COM - photos attached below
To buy, link is here or contact hannaquality.com
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/264008-interior-cargo-carriers-fzj80-5.html
04.jpg
06.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good, and it's very creative.. but can you tell us what the carriers are mounted too? The fold out 3rd row bolt locations? Seems like a ton of weight/stress (2)5 gallon cans) for that one area.

I used the stock 3rd row mounts with some additional reinforcement. It is no where close to being a lot of stress for that location. (Hanna's bracket would be custom so even stronger and bolt-in to stock location)
3rd row seat mount must hold the seat, adult +.
the cargo rack + 1 jerry can full of water is probably close to the weight of one 3rd row seat, I am guessing.
I'm heading to DV soon so i'll test it out on the trail.

that's a pretty genius idea there. daddy like. I will keep an eye on this one.

Semi-thread hijack....This may be a dumb question and out of the subject, but I was wondering how long can you store water in those jerry cans until it goes bad....?:hmm:..Can water even go bad? It's been a long day at work......

Very, Very nice idea. Thanks for sharing, if it was me I woul have kept it secrect from the 'Mud hounds. :D Since you did though, I'm on my way to the junkyard with a rolled 80 to get the seat brackets. I'd like to keep my jump sets an option. These carriers make a great place to put a box with all the recovery gear safe.

I think it's always good to share ;)
With HannaQuality's design & price goal, it doesn't make sense to DIY for most. It will be a better product & less expensive (and less time consuming).

For those that have fabbing setup & materials, I think this is one you can whip up pretty quick.

Wait for PART 2! huuuummmmmuuueueeeee (Predator evil laugh)

2331750814_ca2805a5e7.jpg
2330922007_c85843a76b.jpg

The idea is the ability to hold up to 4 jerry cans or tools, etc without taking any cargo floor space. It also centers the heavy load directly over the rear axle.
CO2 tank is mounted to the end of the rack w/ QuickFist straps (temporary design-i'm thinking of welding a flat plate to bolt accessories to)

Water Jerry Cans are accessible for showers thru the slider windows- easy & don't have to pull cans out.
Tool boxes are accessible but out of the way.
The stock tire jack area is still accessible.
2321750480_0b8c2f5657.jpg

I like the way water is written in Arabic on those cans! ;)

very cool as usual James............;)

Dang Dude thats a kiler setup!

Cool Ill see it this week!

See ya in DV
ken

Most excellent idea! I can't wait for them to be available from Hanna.

To that note, I can't quite tell if you are saying that the Hanna ones will bolt on to existing third row seat mounts like yours, or if they will replace the third row seat mounts all-together...?

-Ferg-

sorry for the confusion,
Hanna's will replace the 3rd row seat mounts and simply bolt-on, replacing your stock bracket.

I never cease to be amazed at the inventiveness and fab skills some of you guys have. Bravo! I would be interested in a set of these too, if they go into production. Subscription added.

BTW, that storage box is also a work of art! It looks like it would be right at home on a yacht. (in this case, it's in a land yacht) ;)

Those water jugs seem to be thinner than a typical jug. It seems with this set-up you would also have to sell the jugs with it. Or are these jugs very easy to find?

standard military spec jerry can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom