Painting Stock Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I was going to find some Chrome, stock 100 wheels, or have mine done.

Now I am thinking I like that whole Gray/Magnesium Color Wheel deal.

Anyone done this? I dont want to go Black. The cruiser is White with Gold/Tan.

I am color shade blind. So certain colors blend.

Plus this will see mild offroad use.

The "in" color nowadays for wheels is graphite. Is that what you are referring to? It'll look fine.

I've seen Chrome wheel exchanges on ebay, but I'm not sure how good the quality is since you send in your pair and get a set of chromed ones in exchange.

Not sure about all powdercoaters, but the place that did mine black had a million colors to choose from. Don't see why a graphite color wouldn't be available.

www.actionpowdercoat.com

Last edited:
Holy! :D
How many bolt patterns are on there? 3?

hoser said:
Holy! :D
How many bolt patterns are on there? 3?

Must be a uni-wheel from JC Whitney. ;p

yep graphite, is what I am talking about.

Even thought of Hammerite Gray. The gold may be to Bling Pimpin for my tast.

I had my stock 16`s powder coated matte black, then I removed the logos and painted the center caps with a flat black engine enamel (to match), then put the logos back on ...they look awesome and kinda "factory" ! It was $65.00 a wheel at a local shop for the coating...very durable !!

Please send pics of your truck with the black wheels. Thank you.

uzj100

SINCITY100 said:
I had my stock 16`s powder coated matte black, then I removed the logos and painted the center caps with a flat black engine enamel (to match), then put the logos back on ...they look awesome and kinda "factory" ! It was $65.00 a wheel at a local shop for the coating...very durable !!

So, where the pix at? I'd like to see how they came out!

The rims are sitting in my garage waiting for those DAMN Toyo M/T S !! (see another active thread on that one ! ) I will post a shot of them (maybe even photoshopped onto my truck with the tires I still dont have !! ) shortly...

SINCITY100 said:
The rims are sitting in my garage waiting for those DAMN Toyo M/T S !! (see another active thread on that one ! ) I will post a shot of them (maybe even photoshopped onto my truck with the tires I still dont have !! ) shortly...

I think you're lying and you really got spinnaz.

Oh no..my worst fears..I HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT !! .....lmao !

Ok...(finally) here is a shot of the stock rims after being powder coated .. I like the matte finish..it still has just a little shine to it, which makes them look kinda dark grey in direct light.

Last edited:
Now if I just had my TIRES !!!!!!!!!!!

Those powder coated wheels look great. Like to hear how they hold up to a little dirt and rock action. Macneill: How long ago did you powder yours? Is it the way to go with respect to finish durability? I suppose the factory LC (silver) wheels are powder coated eh?

Podvin's 100 Series Ute Back had OEM wheels refinished black...with 38" Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips.

Don't know if the pics are still available...do a search for "Podvin's"

SINCITY100 said:
Ok...(finally) here is a shot of the stock rims after being powder coated .. I like the matte finish...

SIN,
Call me picky but the center cap looks a little skewed clockwise in the wheel.
J/K. :D Nice job - that wheel looks great.

-Mark

spressomon said:
Those powder coated wheels look great. Like to hear how they hold up to a little dirt and rock action. Macneill: How long ago did you powder yours? Is it the way to go with respect to finish durability? I suppose the factory LC (silver) wheels are powder coated eh?

Wow, those wheels look sharp. Nice job.

I did my wheels last summer. They've been fine so far. We'll see what happens at CMCC. My center caps had the Lexus gold bling, so I just rattle canned right over it

I think the factory LC wheels are natural finish no?

Mark SR. said:
SIN,
Call me picky but the center cap looks a little skewed clockwise in the wheel.
J/K. :D Nice job - that wheel looks great.

-Mark

Thanks for the vote of approval ! (?)

I was waiting for a comment on the "crooked" logo...lol

I am sure that the finish will hold up...I was going to just paint them with some good ol`black Krylon... but my buddies at work made me feel cheap and 1/2 arssed about that idea...So I played it off good... "just kiddin about the paint", I said.." OF COURSE I`m gonna powder coat `em....GEEZ" !! ..Although( a couple hundred bucks later), I am quite glad I went this route, I purposely tried to scratch or chip the coating with a small screwdriver, and it appears that the actual rim beneath the powder would have to come off with it...its tough alright !! !!

Its so much easier giving ppl advice when its not your money !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom