Painting Opinions Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

My pig is currently at the paint shop, and i'm trying to decide about some of the paint lines. The 55 will be mostly stock and used as a DD.

Do you prefer the stock paint lines for doors and door jambs, or the slightly modified lines on the fj45 shown below?

I'm currently leaning toward the modified lines. Thanks for the input....

First Pics: Original FJ55 tailgate v/s extending piaint lines thrugh the door jamb.
fj55 01.jpg
fj45 02.jpg

Last edited:
Stock FJ55 door v/s extended.
fj55 02.jpg
fj45 01.jpg

Last edited:
Go with the piggy lines so you don't split the tail lights

Hey guys, I think Heath is talking about keeping the exterior pig lines but wraping the color around to the inside. I have been thinking about the same thing. I really like the look of the lines wraping around. It seems to finish it off beter. If you are going for a stock restoration, stay stock. I you are just making her nice, I say wrap that paint around.

I like the wrap around approach. Wish I would have done that when I rattle canned mine.

Chuck

890man said:
Hey guys, I think Heath is talking about keeping the exterior pig lines but wraping the color around to the inside.

yup i figured that out with the examples of pics he supplied, i dont like the wrap around. my vote was for piggy lines unless a solid colore is used.

Solid color !!! NOOOOOOO

Thanks for all the input - I'll be going with the stock paint lines.

I still like the wrap around look, but have decided to keep it "Original"......

:cheers:

hey........thats my 45LV :D

solid is original too :) but I must say, I envy the two-tone....

I wouldn't wrap it around the doors unless you have lots more time on your hands

bk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom