Paint??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders,

Im looking for someone to paint my cruiser for a reasonable price but do a really good and detailed job. Does anyone know if there are any types of paint that hold up better or are tougher than others? I would love dome input. The last thing I want is to get this done cheap and have the paint flake off or something like that. If anyone knows of someone good in the nor cal area please let me know. :grinpimp: (Good morning OKIE ;) )

I recomend a polyurathane epoxy, it ain't cheap but it will last as long a baked enamel.

I agree. Good paint costs. Cheap paint jobs look great at first glance: nice and shiny and so much better than the prior faded paint etc. Then you look close up and you notice overspray, underspray etc. Most of the time is in the prep work: sanding, sanding, sanding and masking. Most of the cheapo paint shops are good at shooting paint. But where the corners are cut is the prep work, masking and the long lasting quality to the paint itself. I would look into a real quality paint paint like PPG Concept or something similar. You can save a lot by doing most/all of the prep work yourself. You may even consider doing the painting yourself as well...

Max

Hurculiner, Dude!
Costs about 60 bucks a gallon but comes with two rollers and a brush!
It's really tough and easy to patch (if you bump into trees and rocks).
Comes in any color you want, as long as it's black, or red, or grey...

Last edited:
Herculiner colors

Herc comes in red and grey also!

yeah, i agree with the first response. i think its called non cadilists epoxy paint. very ver durable does not chip easily and can take a beating. thats what i plan on painting my cruiser with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom