Paint recommendation for springs (1 Viewer)

I am finally finding the time and space to replace the suspension on my 42 with TIC Parabolics. They are painted blue, however, and would like to paint them to look OEM before install. I assume this means a gloss black, but I'd like a paint that will hold up better than ACE rattle cans.

Tx,
B:cheers:

Thanks Matt--that's the way to do it, but may be beyond my skill/equipment. Your prepping experience though will save me some time. Thanks!

Last edited:

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
NorCalCruzr said:
Thanks buck--that's the way to do it. How do you springs ride on/off road?

I don't know yet. Goto the last page of that thread, I still have a few more months before I know how they ride.

You probably will know before I do, so let me know ;)

Matt

buckroseau said:
I don't know yet. Goto the last page of that thread, I still have a few more months before I know how they ride.

You probably will know before I do, so let me know ;)

Matt
Sorry, I didn't read through everything first before I posted, then I edited. Roger that on the ride--I hope to get mine on before Xmas if my bro will get his junked Sub off our jackstands!

B

on a side note, i heard getting graphite spray paint and spraying between each leaf does wonders for the ride quality, if you've ever heard of buying those teflon strips to put inbetween the leaf strips its just as good..

just trying to help...good luck

bandy rooster said:
on a side note, i heard getting graphite spray paint and spraying between each leaf does wonders for the ride quality, if you've ever heard of buying those teflon strips to put inbetween the leaf strips its just as good..

just trying to help...good luck
Right, but the main feature of the parabolics is that the leaves don't touch except at the u-bolt pack. There are poly bushings at the ends of the leaves. This all reduces friction like the lubes you are talking about, reducing the starting friction of the springs and allowing them to be more responsive over small bumps.
TLC-40-kit.jpg

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

I used "slipkote" on my leaf springs and it worked very well. I however did this in the wrong fashion as I thought the slipkote paint was more of a paint than a lubricant. It should really be thought as a lubricant and not a paint. I would paint each leaf with whatever you wish and then top coat the top of each leaf with the graphite based slipkote.

Noah
SpringsSlipplated.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom