Paint recommendation for 98? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Background: I'm now on my 3rd 100 series (and 6th cruiser overall) and this one is in desperate need of paint. It's got 133k and a rear locker plus lots of other goodies so I plan to keep it for a LONG while. No rust or damage to speak of but the clear coat is GONE over the top half of the vehicle. It lived most of its life in west Texas getting it green (imperial jade???) paint hammered by the sun. Prices from calling body shops range from $2300 to $7000 for a paint job that matches the existing color. Realistically I was planning on spending 2500-3000 to have someone else do it. Any more than that and I'll go old school and do a barn DIY job. It's only been 25 yrs since the last time and dead bugs add character:)

So I'm looking for recommendations and experience with shops within 75 miles or so of Austin. I can remove and replace all the trim if that cuts costs for the shop. A "10 foot" paint job is fine by me, it just can't embarrass the wife TOO much!

I just had some paint work done at Twomey Auto Works on South Congress. A Tunda backed into my '99 front fender and the repair was about half of what I was expecting. I had them also spray my rear passenger door and rear quarter panel.

Thanks for the tip and I reached out to them. They quoted me $10k to paint my rig which was a little rich for my tastes. I've found a guy who is going to do it at $35/hr for the labor and I'll buy all the materials.

Now I need to find the molding that goes on the back driver's side door. Anyone parting one out around central TX???

IMG_0002.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom