Paint Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All. No response from the Paint & Body forum.. Any local comments from your experiences?? See Below

Discontinued Paint Code
I found a match to the bottom half, classified as 8KO (Night Shadow Blue), for my FJ80. One dealer has said discontinued another, cannot find it. Has anyone found a match from an after market touch up paint.? The paint charts in previous posts were very helpful!

Thanks, All
:D

Yeah, I did ask Cdan, but he also could not send the paints through the mail. I don't mind the chip to much,,, just some of the bigger ones.

RayJon, I think your 93 is the same colors, Have you used a aftermarket touch up paint for the dark blue.

John

Ours is the same color as Ray's. In fact our build date is the same month if i remember correctly. Our trucks are like brothers :)

Wheres the dark blue?.. i dont see any dark blue on our rigs.

2192323650034696539hdznsl0.jpg

But then again, he has 2 rigs... so you might be talking about his other 80?

That picture seems a match to mine. What paint code is that?? But again, I am wondering if the Original Owner, had a repaint, when I look at mine it has a dark blue shine to it. I know it is useless without pics. Man, I look at your pic, and my truck and I get exicted. Just thinking what it can be!!

John, where you located bro? Im in Anaheim and im headed over to Orange for lunch. Always in this area. I think your rig has been repainted. Mine is far from Blue... and so is Ray's. He's parked right next to mine before. We can meet up if you want to compare.

I have no clue what paint code it is.... i think Ray might know. Im heading over to his place tomorrow night to pick up some parts.

Sorry, just got out of meeting. Can't meet up today. Maybe meet in North Orange at lunch tomorrow.

I will get you the paint code no problem,

Steve is going to paint my sliders and bumpers to match the lower metalic blue and fix some deep scratches in the light gray... about half of my truck has been repainted at one time or another so the light gray isn't perfect, as it fades and is hard to match. but the metalic blue on the bottom is easy as it isn't in direct sun and subject to fading as much....

If you can wait about 3 months John I will save you some of what we spray in both colors and give it to you and show you how to touch up with it... With the base coat - clear coat it is easy...

If you want some to Dave I will try and get some small glass bottles for both of you.......

Yeah my two tone green/grey turned out pretty good but the original G8M green looks pretty scratched up in comparison...thinking about a grey change for the upper half+roof .

I’m in for the spray booth; bulk paint buy or whatever in 3 months just let me know the details

standard.jpg

I really dug my 91 two tone grey:

standard.jpg

GX0U9739_t.JPG

My freind Steve runs a body shop that does classic cars (high $$$) and one of the perks of being good freinds is that he helps me do paint stuff. He gets a good deal on paint mixed to match and I will just buy a quart of gray and 2 quarts of the dark blue.. What ever is left over I will gladly share..

Yeah my two tone green/grey turned out pretty good but the original G8M green looks pretty scratched up in comparison...thinking about a grey change for the upper half+roof .

I’m in for the spray booth; bulk paint buy or whatever in 3 months just let me know the details

standard.jpg

I really dug my 91 two tone grey:

standard.jpg

Dude, i love the green /grey! Your rig came out so nice with bumpers and new paint! WoW! Good job man!:eek: :eek:

Ray, A jar of touch up paint sounds cool. I guess I will find out today if my rig matches up with Dave, Every one eyes see a little different;)

Sounds like you have it covered John but I found this place that custom mixes with paint codes and puts it in a spray can. Sounds pretty cool. They might be able to check and confirm for you. Sounds like a cool way to be able to spray small parts and such for those who don't have all the cool tools ray does. Just in case it helps you or anyone. :)

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_matched.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom