Paint in Bozeman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 406 Cruisers!

Just arrived in Bozeman with two of my LCs (1989 FJ62 and 1999 100-series).

I'd like to get everyone's opinions or experience with reputable paint/autobody shops in or around Bozeman - I'd be willing to head out to Livingston /Belgrade and if the price is right I'd go further too!

Ideally looking for a shop that could do a little bit of welding / some okay bodywork / paint. This is not a showroom rig and it will be wheeled, so not looking for top notch - just something that will keep it lasting for another 20 years!

I've been welding the truck's wheel wells, took off the old headliner, windshield, cargo windows and need to get it painted before putting it all back together again.

Any information is appreciated!

Thank you

IMG_20200924_100454818.jpg

IMG_20200804_155631860.jpg

IMG_20200808_171432722 (1).jpg

IMG_20200808_191357290.jpg

Welcome to Bozeman. I haven't had any body work done locally, so I don't have much else to add here. You might check with your insurance provider or call some local insurance offices and see what shops they recommend. Then avoid those shops. My experience has been that shops that cater to insurance repairs tend to be set up to run things through as quickly as possible and generally at a high price in comparison to the quality of the work performed.

Hello 406 Cruisers!

Just arrived in Bozeman with two of my LCs (1989 FJ62 and 1999 100-series).

I'd like to get everyone's opinions or experience with reputable paint/autobody shops in or around Bozeman - I'd be willing to head out to Livingston /Belgrade and if the price is right I'd go further too!

Ideally looking for a shop that could do a little bit of welding / some okay bodywork / paint. This is not a showroom rig and it will be wheeled, so not looking for top notch - just something that will keep it lasting for another 20 years!

I've been welding the truck's wheel wells, took off the old headliner, windshield, cargo windows and need to get it painted before putting it all back together again.

Any information is appreciated!

Thank you

View attachment 2451874

View attachment 2451875

View attachment 2451876

View attachment 2451877

Well I crashed mine 2 years ago, here are the before and after, I had Ressler Collision repair it and I couldn't be happier.

IMG_20180703_173800.jpg

IMG_20180703_172333.jpg

IMG_20180928_125405.jpg

MVIMG_20180927_131022.jpg

out by 4 corners was Cold Water Classics? he did actual body work not a panel replacer.

it sounds like you're pretty handy so here is my suggestion, do it yourself. for what a paint shop is going to charge in this area, i can't even fathom it. our first paint job on the 55 was done with a roller and industial enamel with hardener. Sam was almost in tears looking at all the tiger stripe but by next morning it had flowed and was a decent paintjob but i wouldn't recommend that technique. watch some youtube videos and get some tools and go from there. Paul does helena vo-tech still have autobody? that may be an option also a friend took a truck to maaco(i think thats the name) in billings and i was amazed at how it turned out and how quick. Anyway, good luck and let us know what you find out

@elkun1 thanks for the feedback! Although I am super handy - I did cut out and weld the wheel wells, remove the headliner, welded all the holes in the roof from the old roof rack, etc... I am in a rental house for at least the next six months. Contract says "no autobody work" so wifey is way not into me getting us evicted in the middle of the winter.

I've heard stuff good and bad about maaco. Good to know they are 'around'.

If someone has a lead on a shop with shared workspace I would be open to renting shop space and DIY the truck over the winter!

@Boondocker_153 I called Ressler today. They do local in-home appointment quotes. They will be dropping by me tomorrow !!!

Thank you for the recommendation.

if you can't find a place you can come out here for a few weeks. i've got to work on my 84 and repaint it and we have another project also but for a few weeks you are welcome to use it.

I had the pleasure of visiting elkun1's shop recently. It's quite nice, and would be a good option if you decide on the DIY route.

My old car got hit a few times and A&D Auto Body did an amazing job fixing the damage, including repainting. Ressler auto body has also done some great work on friend's cars, they've been really happy with the paint work they've gotten done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom