Paint codes, suppliers, and the right mix

musthave

😂
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
I'm having body moulding painted on a 40th Anniversary cruiser. The correct color is 1A6. What I noticed though, as many others probably have is that if you provide the paint code 1A6 (or any other Toyota paint code) to Napa Paints, Sherwin Williams Automotive, US Paint, and others, they all look different. Some bluer, some blacker, some lighter, etc. It's just never the same. It still looks good, but I'm aiming for better than good.

Do others experience the same thing?

For the current 40th Anniversary, I am using Napa Automotive Paints, but I swear it looks like it's just got too much blue.

Has anyone else got some firsthand paint experience that knows what the proper mix is from Napa or Sherwin Williams for 1A6?

For the sake of the forum, it would be helpful to have others give input to the other paint codes/colors and the proper mix for Napa, SW, US Paint, or other suppliers. IMHO. I think it's better to have a mix that others have used and that works than it is to give the guy 1A6 and it comes out looking blue. Correct me if I'm wrong please, or if your experience differs greatly.

If this exists somewhere please let me know.

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
SILVER Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom