Paint code for upper white on a LV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Just like the title says, wondering if anyone knows the paint code for the upper white on US imported LV's.

Looking at Mike's site, looks like the upper white color was the same on all 4 models?

http://www.root45.com/exterior.html

Before I re-assemble the roof on my LV I wanted to shoot a coat of single stage urethane in that area for even more rust protection. I guess I would like the correct color so if a person was to pull that upper rear cover to access the upper hinges you would see the same color as the interior. Just trying to do it right?

Any help, anyone know?

Edit: If this link works

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1965-toyota-pg01.jpg

It is supposedly the colors offered from 64 to 67 for Toyota. The only color on there is T-403 / Lily white. Is this the correct white? If the link doesn't work, goto www.autocolorlibrary.com click on asian then Toyota, then 1965, should bring you to the colors offered.

Thanks, Matt

Last edited:
Hopefully he chimes in. I was looking at his 64, looks a little whiter, but his might not be a totally stock color? Could be Lily white, maybe just the pic also?

Landpimp...........Landpimp............Anyone.................Anyone.....................
landpimp.jpg

my 45LV is GM colors.

the roof on a stock LV should be the same color as the lower color on the body. So if red lower......the roof is red, if green lower, the roof is green ect ect

Landpimp said:
my 45LV is GM colors.

the roof on a stock LV should be the same color as the lower color on the body. So if red lower......the roof is red, if green lower, the roof is green ect ect

Landpimp

The entire inside of you LV is white, right? The area I need to paint right now is the drip edge on the inside. In reality it will never be seen, except for that area in the rear from the inside and only if you removed the hinge cover, but this would be considered the inside I believe.

Looking at autocolorlibrary the colors offered, specificly the Lily white, doesn't look like yours? Is it your opinion that the Lily white on this chart is the stock white?? I would imagine you would know better than me?

Thanks for the help, Matt
lily.jpg

yeah mine is all white inside.........but thats not really correct. I think gray-ish was used for most of the interior, like the rear panels and such.

If it were me(and its a 64), I would use my old 64 45LV as a possible guide, the interior paint(rear and dash) is original(for sure)
35080257.jpg

I would also look at the Spring Green(not Seafoam Mike ;) 45 that Vintage had, that puppy is very orignal I believe.

and it also depends on the year....and the mood the boys at Gifu were in the day they painted em ;)

buckroseau said:
Landpimp

The entire inside of you LV is white, right? The area I need to paint right now is the drip edge on the inside. In reality it will never be seen, except for that area in the rear from the inside and only if you removed the hinge cover, but this would be considered the inside I believe.

Looking at autocolorlibrary the colors offered, specificly the Lily white, doesn't look like yours? Is it your opinion that the Lily white on this chart is the stock white?? I would imagine you would know better than me?

Landpimp said:
yeah mine is all white inside.........but thats not really correct. I think gray-ish was used for most of the interior, like the rear panels and such.

If it were me(and its a 64), I would use my old 64 45LV as a possible guide, the interior paint(rear and dash) is original(for sure)
35080257.jpg

I would also look at the Spring Green(not Seafoam Mike ;) 45 that Vintage had, that puppy is very orignal I believe.

and it also depends on the year....and the mood the boys at Gifu were in the day they painted em ;)

Odd and confusing to say the least? If I was to make a guess, I think the entire interior of my 65 was possibly Lily white. I believe orginally mine was a red and white lv, red has shown up all over the place when I was taking it apart.

I attached a photo of mine. I think you can see the color on the interior. If I had the photo shop skills I would cut out just the sample of Lily white on the paint chart and paste it next to the interior of my vehicle. It looks very much like the same color?

I guess I was planning on painting the entire interior the same white as the exterior and then the roof and lower color would wrap in and end at the pinch weld in the door jams, where the door weatherstripping attaches. I've seen a few pics of TLC's restos and that looks like what there doing. TLC's lv's all have that off white look, wondering if there using Lily white or something else?

Doesn't have to be stock, just would like that color to be the same white since I'm spraying it anyway, might as well be correct and the same color white inside there.

Wife hasn't told me what color anyway yet ;) I don't need to know the lower half and roof color yet, but she said she was leaning towards grey. I'm thinking the T-552 grey on that chart above.

Matt
lily2.jpg

Last edited:
sure yours isn't a 64 fj45LV? thought 65 had the rear reflectors under the brake/turn/parking lights

I really have a feeling there was no real set way they were painted.....or when they were built

my old 64 was orignaly Spring Green/white, the interior(dash, doors, rear panels, upper metal by headlinner ect, all but the floor) apears to have always been gray(which would have matched the original door panels).....no trace of any other color(besides gray and red primer) underneath.

Landpimp said:
sure yours isn't a 64 fj45LV? thought 65 had the rear reflectors under the brake/turn/parking lights

Maybe? I guess I was told it was a 65 when I bought it, title says 65 also I think? Not that it matters.... I'll maybe see if I can find the data plate or at the very least get the serial # of it tomorrow, see what it actually is?

I called the auto paint store before I left work and gave them the code for lily white to see if they could find the code and mix it....they can. I also gave them the code for that grey. There going to mix me up a pint of each in single stage tomorrow. I'm going to shoot a test panel with each color, just see what it looks like?

Matt-

If you search on pirate there was athread a long tim back that rickd responded to. He gave some info on the interior colors, exerior colors and so forth. I know I have a hard copy of it but it may take some looking to find it. I think I search 45 wagon or 45 lv. I can't recall. You may also try searching lcml archives. Just some thoughts. I know I printed the stuff that rickd posted because he saw a bunch of rigs.

Anywho...hope it helps.

The interior is a two tone grey just like the fabric on the back of the front seats. I would post pics but the wasps are still swarming in the LVs. I have seen different colors on the floor of the LV. It was either black or one of the grey colors.

Another question I though of was the bezel. Do you think it is the same white?

The FJ55 mentions artic white? or olympus white? on their two tones (exterior color). I was thinking that might be correct for the LV as well.

Last edited:
Here are two pics from the Hantavirus II. I can take better ones when I get home if needed. The dash is the darker grey with the areas around it the lighter grey. It almost looks green to me. The pics of the Spring Green 45 shows the interior with the green/grey but the inside of the doors look like the exterior color. I don't think that is correct. If you look at the 2nd pic of the doors, the exterior white color is different than the interior.
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

Last edited:
Here's rickd's quote for the sake of this thread -

paint schemes are always two tone. exterior is white on hood, window area up to drip rail outer edge. mount portion of hood hook is also white while bottom if colored. fenders are colored- but the inner skirt below weld is flat black as is firewall. The waterline of color extends into door jambs. inner can be silver dash and walls with black floors, gray dash white walls and black floor, or gray dash with white "tinted" walls and floor (1965+ trucks). Tint is a slight hint of outer color so a red truck will have an ever so slight red tint to interior and a blue truck ...blue tint.

Tucker

I took a look at that pirate thread, very good info on there. Rick gets very specific on the paint layout, but no codes. But from what I'm gathering from everybody it might depend on the mood of the painter that day ;)

This is cut and pasted form Pirate and rick-d....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
paint schemes are always two tone. exterior is white on hood, window area up to drip rail outer edge. mount portion of hood hook is also white while bottom if colored. fenders are colored- but the inner skirt below weld is flat black as is firewall. The waterline of color extends into door jambs. inner can be silver dash and walls with black floors, gray dash white walls and black floor, or gray dash with white "tinted" walls and floor (1965+ trucks). Tint is a slight hint of outer color so a red truck will have an ever so slight red tint to interior and a blue truck ...blue tint.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe mine had a grey dash, I'll have to do some research on some photos, but pretty sure the entire interior was that off white color?

I think I'm 99% sure I'm going to paint the entire interior a white, which white, not sure yet? Then on the roof and lower color, wrap the color into the pinch welds in the door jams and terminate the second color there. After looking at TLC's rigs on there site that looks like what they have done and there also painting the entire interior all white/off white also. It looks good I think, so I'll go with that.

I'm going to pick up that Lily white today and the grey. I'm going to shoot a test panel and have the wife look at it. If she doesn't like the white, I'll go back to paint store and we'll have to pick out a different shade of white ;)

Thanks, matt

tucker74 said:
Here's rickd's quote for the sake of this thread -

Tucker

Tucker you beat me to the quote, damm it :D

Great minds must think alike :)

Matt

I'd go with the Lily White. Just don't do a white-white.

Probably where this thread is going eventually....

Post up all the Toyota "whites" and their code if you can find it.

Olympus White............T1453
Lilly White...................T-403
'78 40 White................031
40 Bezel color..............shell ivory T302? cygnus white 012?
'90 62 White................045
'83 40 White................033
White..........................058
Artic white...................056
Shell ivory(top of 40s)...T302
'59-'65 toyota India Ivory...T446

Matt used cygnus on the top of his 40

Last edited:
treerootCO said:
Probably where this thread is going eventually....

Post up all the Toyota "whites" and their code if you can find it.

Olympus White..... T1453
Lilly White.............T-403
'78 40 White..........031
40 Bezel color.......shell ivory T302? cygnus white 012?
White...................045
White...................033
White...................058
Artic white............056
Top of 40s = shell ivory T302

Matt used cygnus on the top of his 40

Just got off the phone with the autocolorlibrary/Dietzler

They have a code to mix Lily white. There are no codes available for Olympus white or T-433 Twilight grey. I asked for any kind of paint, single stage or base clear, nothing. The guy at PPG said they could formulate a color, but would have to be done by eye sight at this point, which wasn't a problem.

I think I wil have the lily white mixed and then bring down samples from the book of Olympus white and twighlight grey and match them up to something newer. Pretty much what they would have to do at autocolorlibrary/Dietzler anyway?

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom