Paint clean/wax advice for 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried searching this but didn't find an exact answer. My FJ60, I was told, for all except the tailgate has original paint (freeborn red). Assuming that it is single stage, what do you guys use to clean and wax? Normally, I use 3M Inperial hand glaze to remive small imperfections, haziness and then follow up with the P21 Carnuba wax. Is the Imperial glaze good to use on single stage or would the paint do better with a different product.

Car cleaning guru on YouTube has some good thorough videos on the steps in paint cleaning and waxing.

I used this for 30 years.
Maybe twice a year on the hood, once a year on the roof. I have zero complaints with it.
Used on original single stage paint.

image.jpeg

That's the case with 4runners. Here's how you can tell. Rub some methanol on a hidden area for a minute and see if the clear comes off. Ask me how I know...

Some folks swear by a thorough cleaning to remove oxidation, which may include a scrub with a cleaner product or gentle abrasive pad. Then a generous application of Meguiar’s 7 to saturate the old paint- use more product than normal and leave it on until dry, reapply if needed. Finish with a sealant. Or use a cleaner, polish, sealant system like Griot’s, if you select one recommended for single stage.

34A79A89-277D-49A4-B839-3A73F201053B.jpeg

This P&S beadmaker is awesome.

I used this for 30 years.
Maybe twice a year on the hood, once a year on the roof. I have zero complaints with it.
Used on original single stage paint.

View attachment 2084552
After watching a few youtubes on NuFinish Im going this route. Looks like the most bang for the buck seeing that I dont want to invest in any gear besides some nice rags

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom