Paint choices for 60s. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Im really torn between keeping the new paint original.Freeborn or an Deepish Olive Green color. Pros/Cons??? Thoughts??

Screenshot_20220502-185250.jpg

Screenshot_20220614-123035.png
Screenshot_20220828-135828.png

Last edited:
personal preference reigns supreme in this conversation. There are several 60's painted in shades of green.
This older thread has a few pics:

I think the jade green 60's are super sweet.

Pros for keeping it red would likely be greater resale value if you ever decide to part ways. People are willing to pay more for a stock, unmolested LC. That said, I had a 62 in red for 20 years and it's not one of my personal preferances for the 60 series.

The green would be distinctive and more attractive (IMO). Which model of Toyota comes with this color from the factory?

Army green or that new Cement color…Im not fond of red.

@WSOPgold2012 How about the late 40 Series Olive color? It's a little less green and a little more brown, but you'd be sticking with a Toyota color.

Pros for keeping it red would likely be greater resale value if you ever decide to part ways. People are willing to pay more for a stock, unmolested LC. That said, I had a 62 in red for 20 years and it's not one of my personal preferances for the 60 series.

The green would be distinctive and more attractive (IMO). Which model of Toyota comes with this color from the factory?
If i paint it Freeborn...the paint will be about the only thing "original" on it....

I painted mine Black Jade from factory tan. Two things to do for colour switch.
The area in front of dash pad needs to be done for sure, lots of smaller interior
trim areas. I missed the whole of the rear inner window exposed metal. Should
have done that. You will need to do something cause red just not a good blending
colour with the green. Not to mention engine compartment area.
I put over 400 hrs in the month we did mine, time crunch. If you have the time and
inclination it’s worth it. It won’t devalue your resale. I‘ve turned down 2 solid
+$32K offers on mine. Then I spent a month replacing the rear quarter panel. LOL!

I painted mine Black Jade from factory tan. Two things to do for colour switch.
The area in front of dash pad needs to be done for sure, lots of smaller interior
trim areas. I missed the whole of the rear inner window exposed metal. Should
have done that. You will need to do something cause red just not a good blending
colour with the green. Not to mention engine compartment area.
I put over 400 hrs in the month we did mine, time crunch. If you have the time and
inclination it’s worth it. It won’t devalue your resale. I‘ve turned down 2 solid
+$32K offers on mine. Then I spent a month replacing the rear quarter panel. LOL!
32k wld get me about 1/3 back 😂😁😂😁😂🤣🤮🤮🤮

If i paint it Freeborn...the paint will be about the only thing "original" on it....

I think you are way past keeping it original. Likely no one buying it from you would care the paint is different. I have never really been into the red myself, but for ease I would keep it red since its whats there.

Saw this 40 series this weekend. Not sure if this is the Olive referenced earlier. Looks sometimes olive and sometimes mustard colored. Looks different than the 6H9 in the earlier posts. I thought it was a nice color though:

1661876837218.png

1661877321761.png

And if you are gonna change I always liked the Dessert Beige on 60's.

Last edited:
1661881779300.png

I always have questions when I see a truck where the outside is one color and the inside or the engine bay or behind the panels is a second color.....this when looking at trucks for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom