Paint bumper matte black? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my 2005 LC 100 back today with a new paint on hood and roof, came out fantastic. I will be painting the chrome wheels with Plasti Dip next week using their matte black wheel spray paint. I would like some opinions if I should also paint the bumper since it's got some scratches and road chips and I don't want to shell out more $$$ for a body shop paint, I have a rear ARB bumper in back, so maybe it will not look weird? This is just a temporary placeholder as I plan to get the ARB front bumper in the future.

new hood paint.jpg

Yup to you and your personal aesthetics...
I have a white 98 and the PO had bumpers painted black. I like the look, gives it a Storm Trooper vibe, but not everyone does.

Any pics you can share? I'm trying to do a quick photoshop and see how it looks before getting the spray cans...

Looks cool. Except mine is the Imperial mica green.. You got the grills blacked out too, all you need are the wheels.

Did mine a couple months ago. Really happy with the results. Used Rustoleum bumper and trim paint for the matte look. So far it’s held up really well. I did do a lot of prep work. Pulled the bumpers off, cleaned, sanded with 320 grit and primed them first.

9B809701-67E9-474F-BF58-204270116732.jpeg

550E0C5C-C07B-4903-B73A-A5D74845C134.jpeg

E9A81264-9948-4849-9EDB-C17938116ADB.jpeg

Went with satin black for my bumpers--still super easy to do spot painting when you ram your bumper into something, but (slightly) less likely to get stuff (like wax) stuck in the paint than matte. But, yes, if you're planning on a bumper replacement soon and want an interim fix--do it.

8227C710-E3FE-4559-A3DA-88CBBAC1F81D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom