Paint back to original olive color or keep Victory Red (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you that have seen my rig, do you think I ought to repaint it back to its original color of olive (thus the reason the color for my interior) or should I paint the rest Victory Red with the exception of the engine bay? I am thinking in terms of value for the future.:p

Personally, I like to go back to the color it came from the factory....I'm just that way. But, it is your truck and you should do whatever you want. Value-wise, a one-color truck is gonna be worth more - it's all about attention to detail. A red truck with an olive brown interior won't pull as high a price as one that's all red or all olive. Of course, the quality of the paint job (and the prep work too) will translate into dollars up or down.

I'd paint the truck Olive....... but I like that color. Mine was red when i got it . I didn't care for red so I painted it green.... inside and out. If you are keeping the truck, paint it the color you like. If reselling, the Olive -brown might get you a few dollars more.

paint it what ever color you like, a highly doubt anyone is gonna care about the color when they buy it unless you did a full resto. i am debating going with the red or beige, but think i have settled on the red again. just hope my mind doesn't change again. my original color was dark green.

Go with the Olive ! ! ! !

pics:

fj40-2528.jpg

fj40-2529.jpg

What do yall think of mine?

paint it what ever color you like, a highly doubt anyone is gonna care about the color when they buy it unless you did a full resto. .

X2...

I would go with olive. But I like that color. Mine was originally the smurf blue color, somewhere along the line it was black, then yellow, and when I bought it the truck was mostly in primer and I painted it british racing green, then I tore it all down for a frame off and painted it bright red. It looks good and I get compliments on it all the time, but I still kind of regret not going back to the original color.

GO ORIGINAL. I just happen to like the olive MUCH better too. Also, there are SOOOOO many red vehicles out there, but very few in such a unique color such as the olive, which is perfect for such a unique vehicle, the FJ40. The match inside and out is also very crucial to many discerning eyes.

Can you tell what color the previous owner of mine painted?? I wish he had painted it the original color....GO ORIGINAL!
2149_5799280678080767137_5937_n.jpg

Olive

Well you said the red paint job was MAACO, which your red will probably just end up fading in years to come, So go for the Olive, Then PM Woody and will change your log into VictoryGreen.. :)

Put your money into other things the cruiser needs and when the victory red wears out, paint it to the original. X2 on the whole lot easier to paint the outside than inside.

Whats Victory Red never heard of it,if you are going Toyota it is Freeborn Red.
Stick with Olive, I am partial to the Olive Color I have Freeborn Red I like it but Like Olive better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom