Paint and Body Costs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What can I expect to pay for paint and body on the 40?

My plan was to remove the tub, take to Keahr for sand blast then take to a body shop. The body is solid except for the rear-sil (of course!), with a few minor dents hear and there. It is also an older 40 with the heaver gauge steel body. I was thinking of using R&C Body Works, seems like a few of you have had good results with them. I would also want to use quality PPG paint with a clear coat. I don't think I am going to use the hard top (I am leaning toward an OEM-style canvas soft top, so just the tub, windshield frame, front fenders, hood, and grill frame.

Aside from plumbing and electrical, this is the last major job on the project.

Isaac: Get with Dan on this. He's been working with all of the ABQ body shops for over 25 years. He probably has a good idea of the quality you will get from the various shops in town.

Of course, he is going to probably recommend Maurer's right across the way from American, but you are going to pay for that privilege.

:cheers:

I used RnC for mine. They did a good job, but I handed them my cheap ACE hardware paint to spray. My only issue with them was their body guy went excessive with the bondo. I just wanted it sprayed, and he tried to make a show truck out of it.

I used RnC for mine. They did a good job, but I handed them my cheap ACE hardware paint to spray. My only issue with them was their body guy went excessive with the bondo. I just wanted it sprayed, and he tried to make a show truck out of it.
Thanks, but back to my original question, "how much is it gonna cost?" I am guessing $3-5k is that ballpark?

Isaac, I got a friend with a paint & body shop that is going fix my 4Runner for a great price. I have seen some of this work and it looks good. He is usually at his shop all day every day. If you want to check it out you can call me @ 259-three-1-six-9. You can run it by and get an estimate if you want.

Rudy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom