Paint 100 with Imron? Experiences and pics please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The clear coat has finally died. Lots of colour underneath damaged, and I quite fancy updating from the factory two tone Imperial Mica Green / Grey combo to something both lighter in the heat, and more modern like a flat gloss cement, khaki or gloss mid-grey.

There's no rust and truck is low mileage and otherwise great condition. I live in the Caribbean though, and I risk that any straight respray with clear coat will simply not last 5 years. Car park scuffs are guaranteed here also, so want something tough, but not a bedliner finish.

So I'm thinking of a solid colour, and being surrounded by boats, Imron does amazing in the sun, and I know there's commercial auto Imron paints.

Has anyone used them? Do you have pics and notes on the spraying experience?

Ill be paying a good shop. I raptored my Hilux but that's an old work rig. Unlikely the shop has used Imron before though, so looking for both tips and feedback on how it had lasted?

Did anyone clearcoat it or just buff solid color?

Interested in all experienced opinions and feedback (and pics!! Give me pics!).

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20230502_181048.jpg

I had a similar thought, not necessarily Imron, but a single stage non-metallic. I'm willing to sacrifice a new car look for some durability. Of course I want to do it myself and would want the non-metallic paint to be close enough to the original metallic door jambs so that they don't have to be done. I see that Imron can be painted with a roller. That would be fun - to do the roof and bottom of the bumpers and fenders with a roller. I don't really like clearcoat and I hate having to buy all those components. For a DIYer the waste is considerable.

maybe not a bad idea... How long does vinyl wrap last in Caribbean sun though? it's truly the most destructive UV I've known.

Not looking to do a DIY roller job - def want a pro job and solid decent mid- gloss finish, if not sparkling like a clear coat would . You can get that on boat (big flat spaces) so wondering if a shop could get that finish on a truck, and what they'd have to do different in the painting/spraying process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom