Painless Trail Rocker above brake booster? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed a Painless Trail Rocker Universal to their 80 yet? I'm looking for a good spot to install one. I've been eyeing the firewall above the brake booster, but the hood just barely hits the housing when I mock it up. I'm toying with the idea of trimming the lid on the bottom to sit a little lower and clear the hood and/or shimming the hood.

Also wondering if anyone has installed riv-nuts in the fire wall above the booster and had any issues. What is behind there? Is there any thing I have to be concerned with putting a drill bit through?

I’m about to install a Switch Pro in the same area, so I’ve been researching mounting ideas. The firewall on the driver and passenger sides are used, as well as the passenger side wheel well. Will be watching your thread to get another take.

I was going to make a mounting bracket to bolt onto the top of the firewall with nutserts so I can mount a switch pro unit. It’ll sit above the brake booster somewhere, the mount bracket will have legs on it to clear the aus compliance plates. Have you guys got pics that show your method?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom