Painless install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My new ride is getting a painless wiring kit. I removed the old nest of wire thought i would be smart enough to hook up the painless kit ..... Boy was i wrong!! NOW I NEED HELP!!! Anyone ever install one maybe we could combine the tech inspection with a wrenching weekend? I really really need some help.:hmm:

I've got two days into this thing so far it starts and I've got low beams!:eek:

I will help, I did mine couple years ago and it still starts and works OK:grinpimp:

The hardest part is running them all over the place and keeping them kind of in order.:rolleyes:

When and Where

You better put it back in the hanger, there's not room in your garage for that much help

lcwiringdiagram_1.jpg

I don't know what year yours is but this for a pre 72
lcwiringdiagram_1.jpg

i had help with mine....tommy and he hates me now ...lol oh wait he hated me before..lol just kiddin tommy is way smart between him an jerome you should be good

With the painless you basically set it up how you want. It comes with so many circuits and then the wires are marked where they should go. You dont have to always use the wires like for a horn. I used my horn wire for another accessory. Really it should be pretty easy if you are gutting the entir wiring system. Let me know when you want some help.

With the painless you basically set it up how you want. It comes with so many circuits and then the wires are marked where they should go. You dont have to always use the wires like for a horn. I used my horn wire for another accessory. Really it should be pretty easy if you are gutting the entir wiring system. Let me know when you want some help.

Only if you don't want to pass tech. LOL

I installed a complete painless kit into a 74 FJ40. It was pretty easy. THe only hard part is keeping the stock light switch becasue almost all of the lights and signals go through it. GIve me a call if you need help and I can come up.

Also have a large laminated diagram the same as Jerome's pic that I could dig out so you can use overhead pens to mark on ans make corrections.

Well right now I'm going to order all new switches and gauges to make things cleaner and simple. When i get them i will set a day.

Well right now I'm going to order all new switches and gauges to make things cleaner and simple. When i get them i will set a day.

Sounds good Anthony, I'll give you a call to see if we can get some prewiring done.

Should I buy just in switch? Looking to replace the head light, wiper, and hazard switch are some better than others looking for simple here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom