Painless install

My new ride is getting a painless wiring kit. I removed the old nest of wire thought i would be smart enough to hook up the painless kit ..... Boy was i wrong!! NOW I NEED HELP!!! Anyone ever install one maybe we could combine the tech inspection with a wrenching weekend? I really really need some help.:hmm:

I've got two days into this thing so far it starts and I've got low beams!:eek:

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

If FJerome and HudyHue join the wiring party, I'm in.

They both installed new systems in thier rigs so it should be a snap.

I will help you Zip-Ty things out of the way.

megolfer

I used a ez wire and it was simple. Not sure about a painless, I have heard they are more PAINFUL. Let me know when you need some help, I can drop by after work since you are only a mile or so from work

jerz4wd

I will help, I did mine couple years ago and it still starts and works OK:grinpimp:

The hardest part is running them all over the place and keeping them kind of in order.:rolleyes:

hudyhue

i had help with mine....tommy and he hates me now ...lol oh wait he hated me before..lol just kiddin tommy is way smart between him an jerome you should be good

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

I vote we wire it like FJromes pre-72 diagram. The 1978 diagram we were using had way more lines on it going to things you didn't need. (Throttle Positioning Sensor, Manifold Temp Sensor, Carb fan, etc.)

megolfer

With the painless you basically set it up how you want. It comes with so many circuits and then the wires are marked where they should go. You dont have to always use the wires like for a horn. I used my horn wire for another accessory. Really it should be pretty easy if you are gutting the entir wiring system. Let me know when you want some help.

FJROME

With the painless you basically set it up how you want. It comes with so many circuits and then the wires are marked where they should go. You dont have to always use the wires like for a horn. I used my horn wire for another accessory. Really it should be pretty easy if you are gutting the entir wiring system. Let me know when you want some help.
Only if you don't want to pass tech. LOL

Well right now I'm going to order all new switches and gauges to make things cleaner and simple. When i get them i will set a day.

Should I buy just in switch? Looking to replace the head light, wiper, and hazard switch are some better than others looking for simple here.

Top Bottom